PDA

View Full Version : i could use some information

lopezdf
11-24-10, 11:54 AM
firts of all hi to everybody , im new to this site and i hope it can be ussefull here ,
now my problem :
during a campain mission i just had to go to some islands near the fillipines and destroy some merchant shipping , i did that but then i tought , i'm going to tokio and destroy some big vessels , so i went and i destroyed 2 battle ships , 2 destroyers and a carier now i was lucky i made it out alive but when i was bak @ my home base i could not dock , now i went to 3 other friendly ports and i still can't dock anywhere

Dogfish40
11-24-10, 12:45 PM
Welcome aboard.
There are a lot of people on this site who can help out.
When you get to the area you're supposed to patrol you'll see a Yellow Star with binoculars on the navigation map. (Binoculars or a camera depending on the type of orders for the patrol). You need to patrol within 70 or so N'Miles of that star for roughly 48 to 72 hrs sometimes longer sometimes shorter until the star changes color (to grey). If you leave the area of the patrol star it usually will not change color, meaning the mission is incomplete. However, I personally have had mixed results by sinking a lot of ships and leaving the star (or the area) incomplete.
Anyway, if you go back to you're mission area and stay there within 70 or so N'Miles, it should change to grey and you'll get a message that the mission is complete.
Guys, if I've missed anything, please chime in.
Whoops, My bad. I thought you were asking about ending the patrol orders. Yes, to actually Dock and end your patrol, you will need to go to your home base with the tilted anchor as Jan mentions.
D40
PS; Way to go w' Tokyo!!:up:

Sammi79
11-24-10, 12:46 PM
Look at the map in game, where you went to sink the merchant ships at first, is there a yellow star icon?

To complete the mission you have to be close to the star (<200 km) for 96 hours? I think. When the star icon turns grey the mission is completed and you will recieve a message confirming it.

You can then radio to HQ and they will either give you a new mission or tell you to return to base, as far as I remember until they tell you to go home you cannot end the patrol.

I may be wrong it was a while ago I played, so hope it helps. Do you use any mods?

Jan Kyster
11-24-10, 01:23 PM
...at my home base i could not dock , now i went to 3 other friendly ports and i still can't dock anywhereYou'll be looking for base with tilted anchor.

Got any pics from Tokyo? :D

lopezdf
11-24-10, 02:37 PM
i checked the details and all says complete ,

lopezdf
11-24-10, 02:40 PM
and about the pics , i will get them from the replay if i can get it to finish :D

Alky
11-24-10, 02:51 PM
and about the pics , i will get them from the replay if i can get it to finish :D
You can't just finish at "any" base, it must be your home port which has a tilted anchor icon as mentioned above. You can end your patrol without completing the mission if you want to. :)

lopezdf
11-24-10, 02:54 PM
You can't just finish at "any" base, it must be your home port which has a tilted anchor icon as mentioned above. You can end your patrol without completing the mission if you want to. :)
trhats the thing i Can NOT Dock @ my Home Port .......

Alky
11-24-10, 03:03 PM
You just need to plot a course that takes you "close" to your home port and a screen will pop up with option to end patrol. If you're not getting the pop-up, zoom in on the map and make the plotted course closer.

lopezdf
11-24-10, 03:09 PM
You just need to plot a course that takes you "close" to your home port and a screen will pop up with option to end patrol. If you're not getting the pop-up, zoom in on the map and make the plotted course closer.
ugh , i get the pop up its not the first mision i'm doing , all i can click is refit and postprone ....

NoGoodLandLubber
11-24-10, 03:09 PM

Look for the anchor icon to flash in the upper right corner of your screen and click on it.

Dogfish40
11-24-10, 03:27 PM
lopezdf,
I'm falling behind here. Looks like you didn't get your mission finished for some reason. Was the yellow star greyed out in your patrol zone?
D40

lopezdf
11-24-10, 03:33 PM
lopezdf,
I'm falling behind here. Looks like you didn't get your mission finished for some reason. Was the yellow star greyed out in your patrol zone?
D40
yes it is , and i went to my port where i started i had the pop up and yes i had the icon to the right top of my screen and @ my objectives menu it says go to ...... location - Complete then the second destroy merchandt schipping in this are - completed

Alky
11-24-10, 04:07 PM
ugh , i get the pop up its not the first mision i'm doing , all i can click is refit and postprone ....
What you're missing here is the fact that the port you left from is not necessarily your home port when you're done your patrol. If the only options are refit and postpone, then you are not at your home port. Home ports can change while you are on patrol, especially in the pacific. In all the above postings, you have not once said... "yes I went to the port with the tilted anchor icon."
Zoom out on your map and look for it, go there to end your patrol and you will get the option to do so! :)

Completing a mission has nothing to do with ending a patrol.

ShadowWolf Kell
11-24-10, 05:54 PM
What you're missing here is the fact that the port you left from is not necessarily your home port when you're done your patrol. If the only options are refit and postpone, then you are not at your home port. Home ports can change while you are on patrol, especially in the pacific. In all the above postings, you have not once said... "yes I went to the port with the tilted anchor icon."
Zoom out on your map and look for it, go there to end your patrol and you will get the option to do so! :)

This is most likely the culprit. There are several situations throughout the course of the war where your home port is changed. I bet if you go to your radio message log you'll see a message telling all boats under a particular flotilla to relocate to a new base of operations.

If you started with the Asiatic fleet based out of Manila, you get shuffled around quite a bit for your first few patrols until you end up at Freemantle in Australia.

lopezdf
11-25-10, 03:26 AM
This is most likely the culprit. There are several situations throughout the course of the war where your home port is changed. I bet if you go to your radio message log you'll see a message telling all boats under a particular flotilla to relocate to a new base of operations.

If you started with the Asiatic fleet based out of Manila, you get shuffled around quite a bit for your first few patrols until you end up at Freemantle in Australia.
good idea , i will try this tonight
thanx all

I'm goin' down
11-25-10, 05:07 PM
my vote says, "You're screwed." Kink in the game.:hmmm:

Platapus
11-25-10, 09:23 PM

I had the exact same problem a while ago. Evidently my home port was changed and I missed the phone call. :damn:

Tilted anchor is the key. Even if you have not completed any of your mission, you can always dock at your home port. Can't dock, it probably aint your home port.... any more.

Good luck with this

lopezdf
11-26-10, 08:12 AM
I had the exact same problem a while ago. Evidently my home port was changed and I missed the phone call. :damn:

Tilted anchor is the key. Even if you have not completed any of your mission, you can always dock at your home port. Can't dock, it probably aint your home port.... any more.

Good luck with this
:damn: i found the problem , i had to destroy 2 more merchants and the mission expanded , now i have to go for a other carrier :D , any way thank all of u for putting time and efford into my problem

grtz and until the next one