PDA

View Full Version : Reporting in!

Cpt. Grouch
11-16-10, 04:16 AM
Hello all! Finally got myself registered, and I can't wait to hit the downloads section! I've been following subsim forums ever since my first silent hunter 4 crash to desktop to my first mods on Silent hunter 5! I have to say, finding this site kept me in the subsim genre. All that aside, lets talk about Silent Hunter 5!

First off, the auto-tdc in silent hunter 5 is actually so terrible it convinced me to turn up the realism settings. From someone going from Silent hunter 4's auto-tdc to the bubble numbers thing in silent hunter 5, well, lets just say I gave up and found manual tdc a little more sane and rational :hmmm:

And thats when I found my way into the mods section. I'd stayed away out of fear of pwning my computer and my steam copy of silent hunter 5 (really regretting that now that i've read through the mods section). However I finally just decided "tell hell with it" and jumped in. So far so good, the game is really coming alive. However, I'm having trouble with using the TDC (darkwraith UI modded). I think i just need to ask a few questions to see what I'm doing wrong, or maybe in what order I am doing it wrong.

Well I just saw my wall of text I've left you so I think I'll leave my questions for another thread! Hello again and good hunting to you all!

Jimbuna
11-16-10, 06:36 AM
Welcome aboard matey http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

Sailor Steve
11-16-10, 10:19 AM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

Well I just saw my wall of text I've left you so I think I'll leave my questions for another thread! Hello again and good hunting to you all!
You have no idea how short that actually was. Drop by the General topics forum sometime, and you'll see real walls of text.