PDA

View Full Version : SHIV and Windows 7

wirlybird
11-05-10, 05:30 PM
Hi all,
I have been trying to get SHIV to run on a laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. It loads fine and the game starts but when I select "sub school" that is where the trouble starts. I get the progress bar at the bottom of the screen and as it finishes I get a message that the program has stopped working.
I have just started to search here for a solution but thought I would ask also.
Thanks!

CCIP
11-05-10, 07:29 PM
I would wonder firstly about the video card in that laptop. Is it on-board, or an actual video card? It might be related to that more than the system.

There are no issues running the game on Win 7 as such; I run it trouble-free on the 64-bit Home Premium version.

cdrsubron7
11-05-10, 08:09 PM
CCIP has the right of it. SHIV is a very demanding game graphically and can challenge even the best video cards. I would look at your graphics setup first on your laptop. What kind of graphics are you running on your laptop?

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate and have no problems whatsoever running SHIV on my computer.

irish1958
11-06-10, 07:25 AM
Is sub school the only thing that does not run?
Are you using any mods?
Did you read the Win7 thread?

wirlybird
11-06-10, 08:14 AM
Thanks so much for the info. It seems that the laptop is just not up to the task.

irish1958
11-06-10, 07:19 PM
Thanks so much for the info. It seems that the laptop is just not up to the task.
Play SHIII; I like it better anyway, although with the mods available, SHIV is very good.