PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Order for Mods Advice Wanted!

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 10:57 AM
Heys guys!

Here are all mods I've currently downloaded and have running on SH4+UBM.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/RESlusher/SH4%20Kills/JSGMECap.jpg

I've changed some of the folder names to make the things easier for me to find with regard to what mod does what. My questions are many! My answers...not so much! I've been reading what many of you have said regarding certain mods and I'm wondering what else I need to add to make SH4 rock even more than it already does!

If you folks can take a look at this and tell me if I've got things installed in the right order and perhaps offer some suggestions for things I'm missing! What do the ones in gray mean? Are they disabled? I've been looking at adding RE or PE4; but I don't want things stepping on each other.

Also, I'm in the midst of my first patrol. If I start jackin' around with these mods how bad will I hose things? I appreciate any and all assistance!

tater
10-27-10, 11:18 AM
No idea other than consult readmes.

That last mod looks to be a big mistake unless it was specifically published with a RFB/RSRDC version. Maneuvering implies a .sim file change, and so would be entirely incompatible with both RFB/RSRDC.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 11:25 AM
I'll kill that one. It appears to be just for the stock 1.4 & 1.5.

I just figured there might be a few subject matter experts out there who might be able to help me tweak the game a little.

Armistead
10-27-10, 11:29 AM
I agree, Webs Man. Fix is a great concept and was designed more for stock. It's deals with the fast stops and starts. For one, if it doesn't include evey ship, those would remain the same, why others wouldn't resulting ing who knows what. I once ran it long ago with an old version
of TMO and it sort of worked, sometimes ships would just be stationary in wierd places, but that one would have to go. Maybe one day we can get Web to make versions for RFB and TMO.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 11:32 AM
I killed the Optical Test Mission pack too. It was good for me while I was doing the training missions and such so I'd highly recommend it for someone just starting out; but once you've got the basics down, you don't really need it!

I'm goin' down
10-27-10, 01:36 PM
download Easy Aob mod, and SCAF and Max Optics mods Capn Scurvy. It will make your manual targeting life much easy.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 02:27 PM
I'm looking for SCAF and found the one for RSRDC v502; but I'm running v575. Will SCAF work with that one too?

I'm goin' down
10-27-10, 02:46 PM
I have no idea. Post a message in the RSRDC thread, or in the main forum, or send a message to Capn Scurvy.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 03:24 PM
I asked the Capn.

Will post what I find out here.

I'm goin' down
10-27-10, 04:35 PM
why here? you are the one who needs the information. Posting in the RSRDC thread or SCAF thread makes more sense. However, it is your call.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-27-10, 07:15 PM
I may not be the online knuckle-head needing it...just the only one dumb enough to ask...:D

Diopos
10-28-10, 02:17 AM
I may not be the online knuckle-head needing it...just the only one dumb enough to ask...:D

Correct! (not the "dumb" part eh !!!). If you decide to take the discussion to the Mod forum, post a link here.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-29-10, 11:00 AM
Here's what I find out from CapnScurvy...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176544

Armistead
10-29-10, 08:21 PM
Never hurts to have info posted everywhere as people look everywhere, that way the next dummy that comes along will have more or a chance of not looking like one...:03:

Chaplain Lovejoy
10-30-10, 07:09 AM
What do the ones in gray mean? Are they disabled?

Not disabled. Gray means that files from those mods have been further modified by files farther down the list. This may or may not be a good thing.