PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ Screenshots

Thrair
10-26-10, 05:04 AM
Forgive me if I'm being rather dense, here, but I cannot find my screenshots on SH4 anywhere in the game's folder. Anyone know where I can find em? A cursory glance through the stickies didn't appear to tell me where to find the screenshots, although they did list several places for hosting/resizing.

Normally didn't feel the need to post screenshots, but I have a save of an epicly not-quite-sunk ship that I NEED to share. Seriously, how the thing is able to stay afloat is beyond me. It has to be one glass of water away from sinking. If someone takes a leak on the boat, it'll tip the balance and sink it.

WernherVonTrapp
10-26-10, 05:28 AM
Well, normally they should be stored in the SHIV root folder but, if you've looked and they're not there, any number of things may be affecting this. What procedure (keys) are you following (using) to take these SS? What operating system are you using? And, if I may: Are you running SHIV as Administrator?

Armistead
10-26-10, 08:05 AM
I still use XP, but most have to cut off the UAC's to find SS's with Vista up.

NoGoodLandLubber
10-26-10, 01:55 PM
While mine might not be the "textbook" method for generating a screen shot; I simple hit the Print Screen key on my keyboard. That in turn launches a program called "PrintKey2000". I immediately pause the game, copy the capture to the clipboard, open IrfanView my graphics viewer/editor and crop just the game shot. I can then save it wherever I like. Once I'm done with that, I go back to the game.

Is there a functionality in SH4 that makes this easier? I wasn't aware of it; but then again I'm still pretty new. I bought SH4 at Half Priced Books for $6 about six weeks ago and bought the U-Boat Mission add-on from Ubisoft a couple weeks ago.

Once I'm done with my gaming session I upload my pic(s) to my PhotoBucket account to share with you guys here!

WernherVonTrapp
10-26-10, 02:01 PM
Is there a functionality in SH4 that makes this easier? Yes, press the "Ctrl" and "F11" keys at the same time. Voila! You've just captured your first in-game SS and it can be found in the SHIV root folder.;)

NoGoodLandLubber
10-26-10, 02:14 PM
See!! There ya go! I knew there had to be a genius 'round here who had the answer!!

I'm gonna give it a go, next time I'm playing...probably tonight! I play on my lunch break at work then fire it up at home on my laptop while in my nice, comfy chair!

Danke schoen Herr von Trapp! :salute:

WernherVonTrapp
10-26-10, 02:36 PM
See!! There ya go! I knew there had to be a genius 'round here who had the answer!! No, no genius here. That is just rampant scuttlebutt and vicious rumors.:D Truthfully, I'm no smarter than anyone else in this forum. I just know how to fake it better.;)

Thrair
10-27-10, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the help guys, finally found it. Dunno how I missed it yesterday.

Here's the pics of the IJN Unsinkable Bastard. As you can see, I blew off it's rudder and prop with a torpedo. Another one went off slightly in front of the first, but didn't so any damage on the model. ;(

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3605/sh4img20101027010245671.png (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/sh4img20101027010245671.png/)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9351/sh4img20101027010257609.png (http://img522.imageshack.us/i/sh4img20101027010257609.png/)

WernherVonTrapp
10-27-10, 06:00 AM
A few well placed rounds (bow to bridge) from the DG should do the trick.

Thrair
10-27-10, 06:03 AM
Oh, I know. After I had the pics, I went in to sink it. I fired it amidships on the waterline (well, the current waterline, which was a little different than the original). One shot did it. But that did cause a secondary explosion, which is likely what did the trick, not the round itself.

Anyways, I just thought it was funny that 3/4 of the ship, perhaps a touch more, was underwater, and yet it was staying afloat in rough seas. :P

WernherVonTrapp
10-27-10, 06:20 AM
I've had the same thing happen on many occasions. Merchants that have been decimated to the point that they have no fathomable (:D) reason to remain afloat, yet they cling to the surface by the very fibers of their fingernails. You're probably right. You could've tossed a penny onto her deck and that would've been enough to dip her under.