PDA

View Full Version : HELP:- Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 2

Venatore
10-15-10, 05:09 PM
:damn:

[Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 2]....What in the hell does this mean? I can't get into the game.....this stupid error keeps appearing shorty after hitting launch :06:

THE_MASK
10-15-10, 05:58 PM
Just go into delete programs and delete the ubisoft game launcher (then delete the folder in programs) . You will have to reinstall SH5 but keep your game saves .

Venatore
10-15-10, 06:07 PM
Just go into delete programs and delete the ubisoft game launcher (then delete the folder in programs) . You will have to reinstall SH5 but keep your game saves .

Sober; Thanks matey for the quick feedback :up:

DjDrJ
08-13-12, 05:20 PM
i unfortunately have no idea what causes this, or really how to fix it. I have just ended up with this error. error code 2. and my silent hunter 5 game won't start. i just installed AVG internbet security and some windows updates. so i think the cause is either a windows update or an antivirus problem. ive read that it may have something to do with rootkit scanning but am unsure.

to fix this wasnt half as hard as i thought. i tried the youtube way of downloading a dll file and placing in game launcher folder, however this did not work for me.
The way i fixed this problem is i went into controlpanel\add/remove programs and removed the ubisoft game launcher. then i went into program files and deleted the ubisoft/game launcher folder (but i don't think u really need to do this unless you added files yourself because the only file that i saw that was there was the dll file i downloaded myself and placed there.) then to reinstall goto your SH5 game cd and goto the folder called Support. then into the folder called Game Launcher and the install file is in there. just reinstall the game launcher and it works A-1 again the game launcher may need to update first and you will have to renter your uplay details to login but then the game will work as before.
without having to uninstall and reinstall your game.

Anyway i hope this works for you as it has for me and Happy Hunting!
Porter:|\\