PDA

View Full Version : Lifeguard Missions

WarlordATF
10-13-10, 01:52 PM
Is there some kind of trick to getting these missions? Do i need to Radio in for a new mission to get one? I have played several campaigns and i never seem to get these missions.

My Install campaign is based on stock with edited Layers, but nothing in the CampaignUPC folder was modified. There have been a few times i have picked up downed airmen, but i never seem to get a mission to do so.

Any Ideas?

Vaux
10-13-10, 09:53 PM
I've only been playing for a couple of months and haven't gotten a lifeguard mission either. Am I reading you correctly in that you've just happened upon downed airmen?

WernherVonTrapp
10-13-10, 10:14 PM
I received lifeguard assignments twice when I played the stock version, over a year ago. Haven't had any since I started using mods.

WarlordATF
10-13-10, 11:09 PM
I've only been playing for a couple of months and haven't gotten a lifeguard mission either. Am I reading you correctly in that you've just happened upon downed airmen?

Yeah, if you are in an area where one of the major battles takes place you can find downed airmen. Just look for the reddish smoke they emit once they are in the water. I believe It will only happen if you are in the area during the battle, but if the Japs shoot down an allied aircraft near you look for the smoke.

Edit: So does anyone have any idea what the mods have changed to prevent us from getting lifeguard missions? I used alot of TMO (TBH Its an Awsome Mod, I Just like to tinker and mod my own games or else i would be using it!) when building my install so i guess its possible i used whatever file is creating this issue.