PDA

View Full Version : Ships leaving the contact zone.

Armistead
10-04-10, 04:53 PM
I think most know you can attack ships and damage them. However in the past if I ever lost contact with them and found them again, they're fixed and if you sunk any units they respawn. Simply, you've lose the group, if you find it again it's back to normal.

However, this large TF I attacked, I sunk two carriers and damaged another. I lost the group totally on sonar. I lost the lag using TC. I hit TC, didn't take long at flank, but in a minute the lag hit back. I again had it on sonar. I hate pinging ships, but very far away, had no engine sound on sonar. So I pinged the group. Course at this distance it always says merchant even if a warship. The group was 18nm's away. I used the next cam and studied the group. Both carriers I sunk were missing. The damaged Shokaku was almost under water, even making the sunk noises, but making great speed. Probably a bug of losing contact.

So if you lose total contact with a group, not on sonar, no lag...just how far does it have to get before it would be back perfect if you make contact again. Seems in the past if I lost sonar contact and made contact again, the group was back to normal.

WernherVonTrapp
10-04-10, 05:34 PM
The only exception to this was a ship I sunk many careers ago. I think it was a warship too. I lost all contact while evading at depth. When I surfaced, at over 11nm away, I picked them up on radar. A short time afterwards, I had all but given up on the damaged ship that got away. I was almost certain it would've sunk but, sure enough, I got the "She's Going Down Sir" report and a ship sunk icon appeared on the map (11nm away). I even had to check the Captain's Log because I couldn't believe it, but it was there, I got the credit. That was the weirdest encounter (only one of it's type) I ever had.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky115.gif

Armistead
10-04-10, 05:46 PM
Yea, but with that one when you surfaced it was on radar, so probably still in the contact zone. This group I lost on sonar and had to travel at flank speed for a minute using TC and then got the contact lag, even then it was 18nm's away.

What a lucky sinking though, usually they make it that far they keep on going.