PDA

View Full Version : Crew stays on the deck/tower when submerged

[RS]Wedge
10-01-10, 10:19 AM
I have been away for a few years now from SH4. I just got my new PC up and running and decided to install SH4 - slowly getting back into it. Last night I started a campaign. When I went into external view I noticed that my crew stayed on the deck/tower when submerged. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a key to order crewmembers to get back inside before submerging? I search for a possible bug/fix, but could not find anything.

Do any of you have a suggestion?

Thanks. :)

razark
10-01-10, 10:44 AM
I used to see this happening when I would use Alt-Tab to switch tasks. There are a few other issues this seems to trigger, as well. Since I stopped doing that, I haven't had any problems.

Actually, someone suggested going to the Control Room view, leave the game running at 1x time compression, and then Alt-Tab. The game will pause, and you can come back to it, without the crew on deck and other issues. Seems to work for me.

[RS]Wedge
10-01-10, 10:56 AM
I will have to try that next time I need to leave the game to look something up online. I guess I alt/tabbed at some point.

Thanks for the reply.

razark
10-01-10, 12:06 PM
Wedge;1506954']I will have to try that next time I need to leave the game to look something up online. I guess I alt/tabbed at some point.

Thanks for the reply.
I have a laptop on the desk next to the desktop. It helps reduce Alt-Tabbing.

ETR3(SS)
10-01-10, 01:52 PM
Saving and reloading that save also fixes that problem. To avoid alt-tabbing you could always play in windowed mode as well, haven't had any problems that way.