PDA

View Full Version : New Q

TorpexXIII
09-25-10, 06:40 PM
Im sorry for filling this forum up with my damn silly Q's but its just so helpfull...

Heres my latest.

I cant find my pics taken when I take screen shots.

Ive searched for them by name, no joy. Ive followed the file path when it shows u at the top in the game message, no joy.

Ive found in My Docs a file called SH4 with some SH4 pics in but I dont remember taking any of them and they certainly arent any of the ones I have taken recently...

Anyone have any ideas?

Deephunter
09-25-10, 06:49 PM
Answering questions is part of the fun in the forum....:yeah:

Your pics should be in the SHIV folder (where the "exe" file is found). When you installed SHIV you should have picked a folder to install it to. That's where your SS's should be. If you can't find it, do a search for Sh4.exe.

TorpexXIII
09-26-10, 07:36 AM
Strange!? I did the below. Cant find, its like they arent being taken in the 1st place. However it is saving the photos I take through the scope on missions!!!??? lol

I just want to be able to save screenshots lol

Its weird...I have an SH4 file in 'My Documents' away from the rest of the SH4 install. It has a data file which in turn has a cfg and file and then all my (periscope) photos??

Wierd!?

Diopos
09-26-10, 08:36 AM
No.

For screenshots Deephunter's answer is correct (at least it works for me).

WernherVonTrapp
09-26-10, 09:25 AM
Depending on what operating system you have, it'll look something like this:
C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter IV

TorpexXIII
09-26-10, 09:46 AM
Yup. Ive done that it. It cant be taking them. Ive searched for the file name when it tells u in messages at the top when you take it, still cant find em. Its strange though how its saving my periscope pics in this folder in my docs??? WTHell..??? lol

Armistead
09-26-10, 10:59 AM
If running Vista, the fix seems to be turn off the UAC...

TorpexXIII
09-26-10, 12:13 PM
Win7.

tomoose
09-26-10, 02:30 PM
Torpex;
when you save a pic (Ctrl+F12 IIRC or F11) you should see the exact location indicated in your crew dialogue box. The same dialogue box where you see all your text versions of your crew responses/reports etc. That will show you exactly where your pics are going.
If you are not seeing it there then you are probably not using the right key combo to take the pic.
I'm running TMO 2.0 and the drive and folder are always shown when I take a screenshot.
:salute:

ggregoro
09-26-10, 02:50 PM
Win7? Be sure to run the game as an administrator or you will not be able to save the bmp files to the apps root directory. That's where your screen shots should be.

TorpexXIII
09-26-10, 04:53 PM
tomoose:

Yeah I can see that message but the SH4 folder that it indicates they are in isnt in the SH4 game folder its in 'my douments' and the pics arent in it anyway. Ive even just done a search for the pics and cant find them anywhere on my PC???!!!

ggregoro:

OK Ill try that, thanks. Win7......dont do it !!!!

PS Ive moved that SH4 folder now back to the SH4 main game folder...Ill see if that helps aswell.

************ BINGO resolved. After running as admin it worked and just saved loose in the main game file *******

Thanks for all the help guys.