PDA

View Full Version : USS-S38 In dire trouble!?

TorpexXIII
09-20-10, 08:41 AM
Hi guys...

Im currently about 25 W off of Truk and have just had my rudder blown off by a circular running MkX. Is there anything that I can do? (Im certain that historically this wouldnt have been a boat ending incident)

Ive put my repair crews to work but its not seemed to help and I cant pick up the damage on the boat damage screen?! However on the graphics Im clearly missing my rudder and I cant turn!!

Any suggestions?:06:

Alky
09-20-10, 09:52 AM
Any suggestions?:06:
Go back to your last "save" (?)
:sunny:

tater
09-20-10, 10:05 AM
Yeah, since we don't have port/starboard screw control, and you cannot rig something... you are hosed.

Yet another case of something that should be damageable in a perfect world, but should probably be impossible to destroy in game

rein1705
09-20-10, 10:06 AM
Your going to have to modify your damage in the savegame file. Sorry but a destroyed rudder in game is as good as being sunk.

Armistead
09-20-10, 10:18 AM
Those things get destroyed more than they should in stock. Most supermods fix these damage zones. The same with the engines in stock, rather rework them so it's a real rare event. I haven't lost my rudder since playing TMO. In reality you could steer with the screws, so a fair balance.

This happened to me in stock when I first started. I was almost lucky, because I was pointed towards Midway my docking base. We drive by about 50nms south of Midway....to our death.

TorpexXIII
09-20-10, 10:54 AM
Its a shame that they couldt add in a fix, even if it took you a day or two to repair. Or steering with port / starboard screws. Instead Im just screwed...lol

Well thanks anyway for all input.

Shame.

subskipper53
09-20-10, 12:13 PM
Port/Starboard screw control would be awesome. :yep:

Bubblehead1980
09-20-10, 03:14 PM
Yeah, since we don't have port/starboard screw control, and you cannot rig something... you are hosed.

Yet another case of something that should be damageable in a perfect world, but should probably be impossible to destroy in game

ducimus addressed this in TMO.My rudder was always getting blown off in TMO before I believe it was version 1.8, he fixed it, thankfully.

Armistead
09-20-10, 03:47 PM
I can't remember stock, but seems the rudder got stuck in one position often upon damage, recall being stuck going in circles. Seems if you lost it you could only go straight, but TMO does correct this, along with losing your engines all the time.