PDA

View Full Version : Less aircraft please!!

Alky
09-19-10, 02:44 PM
I've been looking through the gameplay mods and may have missed it, but is there any way to cut back on aircraft?? I'm getting really frustrated with "constant" aircraft attacks! This may or may not be realistic, but it's really putting me off.
Is there a file I can edit, or a link to a mod I haven't come across yet?
Thanx! :)

EDIT: Right now I'm working on an American career using only RSRDC.

Diopos
09-19-10, 03:01 PM
Check this (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1209).
Can not comment on the specifics of the mod as I don't use it.

Alky
09-19-10, 03:05 PM
Check this (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1209).
Can not comment on the specifics of the mod as I don't use it.

Thanx, I downloaded it and will try it out when my sub has returned to base. :)

Alky
09-19-10, 03:18 PM
I went back into my game to see how often the planes appear because I found another thread where people said that it was due to using TC which made it seem like they were appearing constantly. With the stop watch activated in November 1942 in an S-boat in the Bismark sea, the aircraft keep appearing one after the other during daylight. When one disappears another appears imediately or within 15-30 minutes! That's a bit much methinks! :cry:

tater
09-19-10, 03:28 PM
I went back into my game to see how often the planes appear because I found another thread where people said that it was due to using TC which made it seem like they were appearing constantly. With the stop watch activated in November 1942 in an S-boat in the Bismark sea, the aircraft keep appearing one after the other during daylight. When one disappears another appears imediately or within 15-30 minutes! That's a bit much methinks! :cry:

RSRDC? I rairely see aircraft, actually. If you see a lot (date? What type?) ift could very likely be a CV nearby.

Also, if you are detected by ANY enemy, the chances of seeing MORE aircraft is greatly increased.

Diopos
09-19-10, 03:46 PM
Well you are near major bases and there is the Solomons battle going on ... A plane every 15 min is too much so there must be a reason ...

Madox58
09-19-10, 03:51 PM
I was trying to get a new Aircraft finished for SH4 but you want less Aircraft.
:haha:

It is an Australian Aircraft so it shouldn't matter though.
:03:

WernherVonTrapp
09-19-10, 06:18 PM
I've been looking through the gameplay mods and may have missed it, but is there any way to cut back on aircraft?? I'm getting really frustrated with "constant" aircraft attacks! This may or may not be realistic, but it's really putting me off.
Is there a file I can edit, or a link to a mod I haven't come across yet?
Thanx! :)

EDIT: Right now I'm working on an American career using only RSRDC.The planes can be an annoyance sometimes but, you'll learn to deal with them. Eventually, you'll come to the realization that they're not that bad after all. I posted a gripe about them in the UBI forum once but then, RR came along, grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and slapped some sense into me saying, "For God sakes, snap out of it man, you're a doctor!" Well, OK, he didn't really say that but, he did bring me back to my senses.:D

Armistead
09-19-10, 08:10 PM
There are a lot of planes in the Solomons throughout 42. You see a lot traffic, dozens of planes, but attacking the bases there.

Same for Bismark, using RSRD, but most traffic is Rabaul to GC and Rabaul to Truk. They constantly crash in the mountains there. Also a lot of US planes in 43.

Even with TC planes can be overkill in certain areas. It seems much worse using TC, but usually one and hour normally. I have seem many more. I just stay dived when it's bad.

I would like to see it reduced to a few a day just for playability, except when carrier groups are near.

Alky
09-19-10, 10:15 PM
I would like to see it reduced to a few a day just for playability, except when carrier groups are near.
I tried to move around the area randomly thinking I might find a carrier group, but I didn't even come across a merchant. :cry: