PDA

View Full Version : Final thoughts before the trip

nikimcbee
09-19-10, 12:26 AM
Just some random thoughts before I leave.

What do you guys want to do at night? I'm bringing my laptop, so...

I can bring a bunch of naval movies...

MST3K roast of U-571?:hmmm:

Some sort of SH3 or 4 contest? I'll be donating a PT-boat prize:D.

Maybe a webcam?

(last ditch attempt to get Jim or Tarjak):D
Subsim drinking olympics! Who can drink more: a Brit, an Aussie, or a Finn? (and still function the next morning:har:)

Free booze for ferrets:woot:.

(last ditch to get Neal to call in sick:woot:)
Free suzuki to anyone with a (valid) Pearland driver's licence.

So we are all meeting on thursday, at the cabins? We need to bring a sleepingbad/pillow for this, right?

Anything else?

Sledgehammer427
09-19-10, 02:28 AM
I'm bringing my laptop as well, I'll bring my handy-dandy tempur pedic pillow because of my bad neck, but hopefully I won't have to pack a blanket or anything else.

my pc won't handle Sh3 or 4, so if we are gonna play SH, Ivan and I will have to switch off or something of the sort.
other than that, we can all play Worms Armageddon :D

Bas Langenhof
09-19-10, 06:31 AM
Bringing sleepingbad/pillow good one, I did not thought of that.

Jimbuna
09-19-10, 10:00 AM
(last ditch attempt to get Jim or Tarjak):D
Subsim drinking olympics! Who can drink more: a Brit, an Aussie, or a Finn? (and still function the next morning:har:)

No contest....you know the buna handles three bottles at a time :DL

TBH Jason I'm feeling pretty bad about the whole thing....less than a fortnight ago I was informed of a new position I'm being slotted into at work tomorrow (20th) so the fact is I may well have been a last minute drop out anyway :-?

But health and all the rest permitting, we shall meet again my friend, you have my word on that....besides, how else will you get a Newcastle United shirt? :DL

Take loads of pictures for us because it looks like you've a fleet or two of ships/subs to choose from :rock:

nikimcbee
09-20-10, 01:02 PM
What's the actual weather forecast like? Shorts or jeans? Raincoat? I'm trying to travel as light as possible.

Sledgehammer427
09-20-10, 01:12 PM
It's sunny here today, a light breeze but it's a little bit on the cool side.

Here's a link showing the next few days weather for Waterford
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CT/Waterford.html

Looks like the temps will range from the high 60's to the mid 70's mostly.

nikimcbee
09-20-10, 01:14 PM
Is it humid there?

Sledgehammer427
09-20-10, 01:24 PM
It doesn't feel like it, honestly. It's a little cold to be in shorts, but a little warm to be in jeans today, I guess it's just what you prefer

EDIT: Current Humidity is 29%

nikimcbee
09-21-10, 12:29 AM
Movies I'm bringing:
(note, if someone could bring some plug in speakers that would be great!:salute:)

Up Periscope, The Red Baron:har:, The Longest Day, RSRD, Das Boot, The Cruel Sea, THFRO, They Were expendable, PT-109, a monty python flick

Sledgehammer427
09-21-10, 01:03 AM
I'll scrounge the great electronic cache for some speakers