PDA

View Full Version : What is your Signs Of The Zodiac?

Gerald
09-15-10, 11:59 AM
Mine is Virgo.Important Information on Virgoans:

Good career choices for you are:
Writer
Nurse
Teacher
Psychologist
Critic
Public Speaker
Doctor
Military.

SteamWake
09-15-10, 12:17 PM
My sign is slippery when wet.

Sledgehammer427
09-15-10, 12:18 PM
SW, another Pisces?

That's what I am.

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 12:34 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/4993126541_6f43dbb07f_b.jpg

Sun: Virgo
Moon: Libra
Ascendant: Sagittarius

Takeda Shingen
09-15-10, 12:40 PM
Sagittarius here.

Skybird
09-15-10, 12:46 PM
Aquarius.

But as psychologist, I find the character-theory of the enneagramm much more helpful. Type 5, 4-wing over here.

DarkFish
09-15-10, 01:08 PM
My sign is slippery when wet.Are you Bon Jovi?

I'm a Capricorn:
In careers, some suitable options for Capricorn are Government, Banking, Building, Finance, Dentistry, and Osteopathy. Some other good careers for Capricorns are Manager, Banker, Accountant, Producer, News Anchor, Art Dealer, or Engineer.
Well, I'm studying for Electrical Engineer, so it seems like a good choice:lol:

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 01:12 PM
But as psychologist, I find the character-theory of the enneagramm much more helpful. 6-5 or 5-6 here.

Judging by the handful of free tests I just took online, I appear to be a 5-9. Or at least those are the two types that score far and away above all the others.

Odd that I've yet to get "into" enneagrams. OTOH it's entirely possible I have a book on them somewhere that is yet to be read. :O:

AVGWarhawk
09-15-10, 01:16 PM
Cancer...because I'm crabby :O:

If I look at China I was born the year of the snake. I was not on a airplane however. :03:

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 01:17 PM
Ah... the Chinese zodiac. Cheerful Dragon here!

Takeda Shingen
09-15-10, 01:19 PM
My top two are types 1 and 6. An insecure perfectionist, I suppose.

MH
09-15-10, 01:21 PM
Capricorn here.

Capricorn! About Your Sign...

The sign Capricorn is one of the most stable and (mostly) serious of the types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. These hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering, and cautious to the extreme persons, are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary to accomplish a goal they have set for themselves. are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. They are the major finishers of most projects started by the 'pioneering' signs; with firm stick-to-it-ness they quickly become the backbone of any company they work for. Capricorn make of themselves, resourceful, determined managers; setting high standards for themselves and others. They strive always for honesty in their criticism of self, they respect discipline from above and demand it from those beneath them. In their methodical, tough, stubborn, unyielding way, they persist against personal hardship, putting their families and/or their work before their own needs and welfare to reach their objectives long after others have given up and fallen by the wayside. In fact when practical ability allied with the drive of ambition are required in employees to make a project succeed, Capricorn are the people to hire. They plan carefully to fulfill their ambitions (which often include becoming wealthy), they are economical without meanness, and able to achieve great results with minimum effort and expense. Because of their organizing ability they are able to work on several projects simultaneously.
They have a great respect for authority but may not, if they reach high rank, be willing to listen to other opinions on things they are directly responsible for. As the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self disciplined as they themselves are, and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are, nevertheless, fair as well as demanding. Among their equals they are not always the most pleasant of work fellows for they are reserved and too conservative, valuing tradition more than innovation, however valuable the latter, and they are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism, melancholy and even unhappiness which many Capricorn are unable to keep to themselves, especially if they fail personally. In the extreme this trait can make them a very depressed individual; ecstatic happiness alternating with the most wretched kind of misery which is so subconsciously buried that he or she should seek help if such emotions become frequent. For the above reason, capable Capricorn should spend many hours in meditation, gathering the strength to control such inner emotions.
The swings in mood are not the only reason some Capricorns deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious. They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the quiet, reserved individuals they seem to be, and they also have a tendency to ruin things by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy. In certain individuals in whom the characteristic is strong, the temptation to do this has to be resisted with iron self-control. Another unexpected quality in some Capricorn is an interest in the occult which persists in spite of their naturally skeptical turn of mind.
Their intellects are sometimes very subtle. They think profoundly and deeply, throughly exploring all possibilities before deciding on a 'safe' alternative. They have good memories and an insatiable yet methodical desire for knowledge. They are rational, logical and clearheaded, have good concentration, delight in debate in which they can show off their cleverness by luring their adversaries into traps and confounding them with logic.

Guess im screwed lol.

Skybird
09-15-10, 01:26 PM
Judging by the handful of free tests I just took online, I appear to be a 5-9. Or at least those are the two types that score far and away above all the others.

Odd that I've yet to get "into" enneagrams. OTOH it's entirely possible I have a book on them somewhere that is yet to be read. :O:
it's been along time I was into this and used it in some minor diagnostics. I messed up my result from back then. It should read 5, 4-wing, not 6-5 or 5-6.

it's a very helpful system, becasue it does not only put some stamp on people, but gives them an idea of what direction to orient themselves at, and what better to avoid, and why - my big criticism of standard personality inventories (not to mention that I find their categories and experimental results often questionable). A shame that clinical and counseling psychology almost completely ignores the enneagram, at least over here.

Gerald
09-15-10, 01:26 PM
My top two are types 1 and 6. An insecure perfectionist, I suppose. Good :up:

Jimbuna
09-15-10, 03:21 PM
Leo the lion.

http://www.ohkult.hu/images/bencepix/simba.jpg

TLAM Strike
09-15-10, 03:28 PM
Not that I put any faith in Astrology but I'm a Sagittarius... :03:

Gerald
09-15-10, 03:28 PM
Leo the lion.

http://www.ohkult.hu/images/bencepix/simba.jpg You look very nice out, no wolf there :DL

Rhodes
09-15-10, 06:13 PM
Taurus and proud to be!
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3109/26847saintseiyatauruspo.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/26847saintseiyatauruspo.jpg/)

Ducimus
09-15-10, 06:21 PM
What is your Signs Of The Zodiac?

Take yer pick.

http://www.juesatta.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bull_fighting_hobby.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_02/tigerDM2805_468x472.jpg

:O: :har:

Sledgehammer427
09-15-10, 06:35 PM
Guess im screwed lol.nope, I got that covered
A partner who wants to end a relationship with a typical Pisces will find this a very difficult thing to do. Pisces will cling, convinced that if they reform in some way, everything will be all right again. The ex-partner of a Pisces may have to go to extremes to extricate himself or herself from the emotional mess that a hurt Pisces can produce.

get dumped...and then get left alone by everyone, right when we need support. breakups suck

jumpy
09-15-10, 07:19 PM
no Gemini yet, then?
:hmph:

Sailor Steve
09-15-10, 07:36 PM
Used to be Aries the Ram.

Now I'm just an Old Goat.

Castout
09-15-10, 07:53 PM
I used to get excited reading zodiac and daily zodiac until it came a time that my life was in immediate danger. And the one who warned me guess what? NOT zodiac :haha:. I got warned twice.

One 5 years before the event in full description including what I was going to say and think that would make the oracle character in the movie Matrix a LAME person. The second not by man, immediately before my ordeal and just a day before those people who seek my life sent me an evil spirit to my dorm because they've been found out.

Being stupid the whole thing still happened the way it was foretold 5 years ago :nope: and I only remembered the first warning after it was over. But I remember the whole thing including the words spoken not to me directly but from a friend to another friend with me listening on them and they knew I was listening. Yea it's rather complicated to explain :O:

Ever since that I stopped reading Zodiac and view them with CONTEMPT and found another reliable source of information instead :DL

If you still want to know it's Scorpio

Platapus
09-15-10, 07:54 PM
Take yer pick.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_02/tigerDM2805_468x472.jpg

:O: :har:

That's me too. Good to see a fellow Tiger Tauren. Brings a little class to the forum. :yeah::D

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 08:26 PM
Take yer pick.

Sun in Taurus, Moon... in stitches. :O:

TarJak
09-15-10, 09:18 PM
I am a dragon. You weren't specific about which zodiac you meant. I'm probably also a lot of other things but this is one of the only ones I know.:D

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 09:24 PM
I am a dragon. You weren't specific about which zodiac you meant. I'm probably also a lot of other things but this is one of the only ones I know.:D

Interesting. If you were born in 1964, you're a Cheerful Dragon,* like me.

If you were born in 1952, you're a Dragon In The Rain.

If you were born in 1976, you're a Dragon Flying To Heaven.

*I was really hoping to be the Bitter And Cynical Dragon, but apparently that's not an option.

TarJak
09-15-10, 09:28 PM
Interesting. If you were born in 1964, you're a Cheerful Dragon,* like me.

If you were born in 1952, you're a Dragon In The Rain.

If you were born in 1976, you're a Dragon Flying To Heaven.

*I was really hoping to be the Bitter And Cynical Dragon, but apparently that's not an option.
:D:D:D Have a guess.

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 09:30 PM
:D:D:D Have a guess.

Oh no you don't. I am not falling for that one. Next you'll be asking me if those pants make your butt look big. :O:

TarJak
09-15-10, 09:57 PM
The size of my butt aside, these pants are very comfortable thanks.:O:

Flaxpants
09-16-10, 03:49 AM
Virgo and Proud!

HunterICX
09-16-10, 04:08 AM
Taurus

HunterICX

Skybird
09-16-10, 05:16 AM
Used to be Aries the Ram.

Oh, that explains a lot to me! :DL My mother is Aries too, and we used to have a lot of debates whose energy curve often quickly went up into orbit. Our recent clash reminded me a lot of that. :D

I do not give anything for future astrology and making preictions, but to some degree the description of charcters attributed to the starsigns somehow seem to match to a surprisingly wide degree, although I think that other character typologies like the enneagreamm for example are more helpful especially when combined with psychology.

Some books simply say nonsense, at least extremely funny things about starsigns. Two exmaple I have never forgotten. In a book I once read: "Den Fisch erkennt man üblicherweise an seinem leicht watschelnden Gang." (Pisces you recognise for their waddling gait). Hm. :hmmm: :haha:

And this, in many books it is said that of all conflicting pairings between starsigns, that between Leo and Aquarius is holding the biggest potential of destructive energy for ultimate conflict. And the book then said : "Der Löwe macht dann viel Gebrüll und wirbelt Staub auf, während ihm der Wassermann stillschweigend das Wasser abgräbt." :haha: (The Leo will make a lot of roar and whirls up the dust, while the Aquarius just silently cuts the ground from under his feet, the word-by-word translation would be "... cuts him off his water supply".) :har:

Me being aquarius, my grandmother is Leo, and in that part of my family, our family is totally screwed. She and me are total enemies, we have not met or spoken a single word since over ten years. Her and my mother, Aries, as well. a lawyer we once had to engage on issues regarding this conflict and who had a hobbyist's interest in character astrology, told us that in his view, family conflicts between Leos and more independent or liberal or autonomous or unconventional people like Aries or Aquarius, are amongst those pairings that are statistically overrepresented compared to other pairings, accoding to his files.

The only statistical analysis of claimed links between starsigns and character attributes I know of, is a book by Gunter sachs, famous german playboy and studied mathematician. His book "Die Akte Astrologie", 1997, claimed that there are small but statistcially significant indicies that claims that such links exist seem to be true. That does not mean that every person matches the full set of his starsign'S attruibutes.It means that by tendency most people tend to match more such features than statistcially would be expected if the distribution of traitsa amongst people would by by random chance exclusovely. That this general finding is by random chance only, would have a chance 1:1,000,000, he calculated.

If you are interested in the matter, the book contains plenty of statistical data and it's analysis. But I think it is out of print, you need to find a second hand copy.

Lionclaw
09-16-10, 06:03 AM
According to the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a Rat. Didn't know that. Otherwise, I'm a Leo.

Year of Rat

Personality

Affectionate, charismatic, eloquent, shrewd, systematic, disciplined, meticulous, sociable, and hardworking with a high aim. Can be intolerant, selfish, vindictive, manipulative, scheming, critical of others, or gossipy.

Compatibility for Relationship or Business Partnership

Most Compatible With
Dragon – will enrich and empower Rat mutually.
Monkey – Rat will be passionately in love with Monkey.
Ox – will increase Rat’s confidence and sense of security.

Most Incompatible With
Horse - cannot tolerate Rat’s opportunist nature.
Rabbit – Rat will seem too irritable or critical to Rabbit.
Rooster – will have constant conflicts with Rat.
Sheep – Rat’s ambitious nature does not mix well with Sheep’s passive nature.

Recommended Career Choices Based On Five Elements
1st Choice: Metal
2nd Choice: Earth or Water

antikristuseke
09-16-10, 06:55 AM
You people realize that astrology is bull****, right?

Lionclaw
09-16-10, 07:42 AM
Well I've never really believed in it, I just found it a odd coincidence that some of it were true though. :hmmm:

Otherwise I find it to be mumbo jumbo. :O:

Jimbuna
09-16-10, 07:54 AM
Looks like I'm a Rooster

Occupying the 10th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rooster symbolizes such character traits as confidence, pompousness and motivation. Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rooster are loyal, trustworthy individuals who are blunt when it comes to offering their opinions. Their bluntness stems not from being mean but from being honest; a trait which Roosters expect from others.

Roosters are extremely sociable and prefer being the center of attention, always bragging about themselves and their accomplishments. They continually seek the unwavering attention of others which can be annoying. Roosters are as proud of their homes as they are of themselves. They’re extremely organized individuals as evidenced by the fact that their homes are always neat.

I'll settle for that :smug:

Gerald
09-16-10, 08:16 AM
Looks like I'm a Rooster

Occupying the 10th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rooster symbolizes such character traits as confidence, pompousness and motivation. Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rooster are loyal, trustworthy individuals who are blunt when it comes to offering their opinions. Their bluntness stems not from being mean but from being honest; a trait which Roosters expect from others.

Roosters are extremely sociable and prefer being the center of attention, always bragging about themselves and their accomplishments. They continually seek the unwavering attention of others which can be annoying. Roosters are as proud of their homes as they are of themselves. They’re extremely organized individuals as evidenced by the fact that their homes are always neat.

I'll settle for that :smug: :cool:

Gerald
09-16-10, 04:01 PM
You people realize that astrology is bull****, right?
just like you :O:

papa_smurf
09-17-10, 08:30 AM
Taurus here.

krashkart
09-17-10, 09:22 AM
Aries. Say... you're not gonna ask for a lock of our hair, are you? :hmm2::O::DL

Gerald
09-17-10, 11:04 AM
Aries. Say... you're not gonna ask for a lock of our hair, are you? :hmm2::O::DL :haha: