PDA

View Full Version : Where's My Crew?

Alky
09-15-10, 11:18 AM
So I installed RFB, then RSRD on a fresh install of SH4 Gold, went to crew management and I only have 25 crew members and no deck gun slots in my new S-boat. Is this normal??
There are no remaining crew available on the left side of the screen either.

EDIT: So now I've shut down & restarted SH4 and continued my patrol, now I have deck gun slots and damage control slots but no Hogan's Alley and still only have a half of a crew :(

WernherVonTrapp
09-16-10, 05:19 AM
Sorry I missed your thread. My mind hasn't been working too clearly as of late but, let's see if we can figure out what the problem is. Do you have the RFB patch installed (April2010-something)? I'm in-game right now and can't check to see if there was a patch for RSRDC but, I think there was. Do you have that patch installed? I'm assuming you used JSGME to install the mods. Can you list your mods installed in their exact order?

Alky
09-16-10, 10:13 AM
I'm assuming you used JSGME to install the mods. Can you list your mods installed in their exact order?
When I posted originally, I had mods installed in this order...
RFB 2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_SH15_V550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack

I was using the S-18. It didn't seem right that there were only 25 crew members in total with no more to choose from on the left of the screen. As I mentioned in my edit above, after shutting down and re-starting the game, I got the deck gun slots and repair crew slots but still only had a half of a crew. :cry:
I have since removed everything and re-installed RSRDC and the Radio Pack. I am able to have a full crew.

From what I gather, when diving in preparing for attack, I need to move my deck watch crew so that they are not killed and maimed from depth charges, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to move them to in an S-boat :o
If I move them into the repair crew slots, what if there's a shift change? Do I move them back to deck watch & move the on duty crew to the repair slots? Doesn't seem like a sensible layout!! Thanks. :)

WernherVonTrapp
09-16-10, 10:37 AM
From what I gather, when diving in preparing for attack, I need to move my deck watch crew so that they are not killed and maimed from depth charges, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to move them to in an S-boat :o
If I move them into the repair crew slots, what if there's a shift change? Do I move them back to deck watch & move the on duty crew to the repair slots? Doesn't seem like a sensible layout!! Thanks. :)Well, you simply place them back on deck watch when you surface. If you are submerged, what does it matter if there's a shift change? Don't activate your repair crew (unless damaged of course) and they won't be affected by shift changes. When you place them back on watch, they will rotate normally as the shifts change.
Hmmm, how many times did I say "Shift change"?:D

Alky
09-16-10, 10:53 AM
If you are submerged, what does it matter if there's a shift change?
Well, the problem as I see it, there are 3 deck watch crews. So, if I have one of those crews in the repair crew slots while under attack and there happens to be a shift change, then there are still 2 other crews topside and one of them becomes vulnerable.
Or... if I have battle stations activated, there's no place to move 12 crew members in an S-boat. :hmmm:

Rockin Robbins
09-16-10, 10:56 AM
Hey! Union Regs. "Deck crew must be given breaks not less than five minutes of every fifteen minutes on duty.":D

WernherVonTrapp
09-16-10, 03:52 PM
Well, the problem as I see it, there are 3 deck watch crews. So, if I have one of those crews in the repair crew slots while under attack and there happens to be a shift change, then there are still 2 other crews topside and one of them becomes vulnerable.
Or... if I have battle stations activated, there's no place to move 12 crew members in an S-boat. :hmmm:Ahh, I see what you're saying now. Your concern is that there's not enough room to accommodate the entire deck watch, right? I think that's a problem with any sub. I'm running RFB/RSRDC and using both Hogan's Alley and Damage Control slots, I still can't fit everyone from all 3 deck watches. Two guys will have to be sacrificed. That's why I never allow myself to be detected. I don't have the heart to sacrifice even one man.:03:

Rockin Robbins:
"Hey! Union Regs. "Deck crew must be given breaks not less than five minutes of every fifteen minutes on duty."
:DNever had any gripes from the crew. Then again, one concession the union had to make was electing me as Shop Steward. My pitch was that, if elected as Shop Steward, I would eliminate the monthly dues. It was unanimous.:O:

Armistead
09-16-10, 06:04 PM
Probably drunk at Susie's diner. Hope they don't pee on you as you pull up.

ancient46
09-16-10, 11:25 PM
In a S-18 Real Fleet Boat, you take the deck watch officers and put them in the Sensor Station, Four men go into the Control Room, the rest go in Hogan's Alley. The watch crews are now at submerged action stations. As the manual says, leave these spots open when adding crew.

chrysanthos
04-10-11, 04:13 AM
i have a problem about crew...when i gave them an order to shoot a ship after some time the yellow target on the ship dissapear and i have to repeat the whole process again and again:/ is there any way to erase that problem? i mean more smart ai inteligence?