PDA

View Full Version : SH4 downloaded from Steam - Version?

chuckk2619
09-15-10, 07:19 AM
Hi folks,

Have looked around the forums and can't find an obvious answer to this question (although I'm sure it's been asked before, so I apologise for that!).

I downloaded SH4 from Steam and for the life of me can't find the current version for the game. I've also downloaded the U-Boat missions in the Indian Ocean so I assume it's version 1.5 all up.

Can anyone advise where the version number is hidden?

Muchos grassy arse!:yeah:

Bothersome
09-15-10, 09:26 AM
When you run the game the version will show in the main menu.

It's 1.5 by the way.

It is tricky from steam because SH4 is version 1.4 and the U-Boats add on is V1.5. Steam will conflict with its self on these if you try a "verify files" on stock vs uboats. You need to verify on U-Boats and then once you have all intact, turn off the updates for that game. Make sure the game runs before you install any mods. I tried a mod once without running it for the first time as stock on a different computer and it would not start.

Once steam thinks all is OK, then you can put as many mods on as you like. If steam ever does an update on the game, it will corrupt the install if mods are installed. Then you have to start over with verifying the files again starting with SH4 stock.

chuckk2619
09-16-10, 05:07 AM
When you run the game the version will show in the main menu.

It's 1.5 by the way.

It is tricky from steam because SH4 is version 1.4 and the U-Boats add on is V1.5. Steam will conflict with its self on these if you try a "verify files" on stock vs uboats. You need to verify on U-Boats and then once you have all intact, turn off the updates for that game. Make sure the game runs before you install any mods. I tried a mod once without running it for the first time as stock on a different computer and it would not start.

Once steam thinks all is OK, then you can put as many mods on as you like. If steam ever does an update on the game, it will corrupt the install if mods are installed. Then you have to start over with verifying the files again starting with SH4 stock.

Thanks Bothersome.

I have had a miserable time trying to work out the version and for the life of me was unable to see any sign of a version number no matter how closely I watched the load up. Many thanks for the tips on the sequencing to...would hate to go some way down the track only to have a Steam update undo it all for me!:o