PDA

View Full Version : Well... our hero is laid to rest.

GoldenRivet
09-13-10, 11:41 PM
For those interested, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf99ZfJ0T58&feature=player_embedded#%21)are some photos - mostly from the funeral procession.

http://www.mastertheboard.com/UserFiles/Image/unit_insignia/MP/mp_reg_insig.gif

The family cannot say enough thanks to the good people of Missouri.

Special thanks to the Patriot Guard Riders (They ARE angels)

Special salute to the good people of:

The City of De Soto

The City of Festus

The City of Herculaneum

The City of Povely

The City of Barnhart

The City of Imperial

The City of Arnold

The City of Oakville

The Greater St. Louis Area

The Missouri National Guard

De Soto High School

The Numerous EMS, Fire Dept and Law enforcement personnel

and to the members of Subsim.com for their prayers and well wishes

:salute::salute::salute:

Tribesman
09-14-10, 02:54 AM
R.I.P.

SteamWake
09-14-10, 09:18 AM
A very nice tribute..

Rest In Peace

Chad
09-14-10, 02:16 PM
The Patriot Guard Riders are truly special in all they do for the families for our fallen soldiers. Thank you for sharing GR.

Gerald
09-14-10, 02:34 PM
Thank you for sharing this GR, :salute:

AVGWarhawk
09-14-10, 02:58 PM
Thanks for sharing GR. The Patriot Guard is awesome. May Sgt Ide rest in peace.

Jimbuna
09-14-10, 03:05 PM
RIP Sir

Weiss Pinguin
09-14-10, 03:10 PM
:salute: to one of America's heroes.

Takeda Shingen
09-14-10, 03:14 PM
That is a beautiful tribute. Please know that we're all thinking of him, and of you.

Kpt. Lehmann
09-14-10, 03:30 PM
The price is so high.

Thank you Sargeant Ide... and thank you to all the brothers and sisters you are joining.

Rest in peace soldier.

TarJak
09-14-10, 06:32 PM
:salute:Salute to this brave servicemen keeping eternal watch.

frau kaleun
09-14-10, 09:47 PM
A salute from me as well, and thoughts extended to you and yours.

Castout
09-14-10, 10:37 PM
I read this thread when it was first posted I had a loss of words so I thought I let everybody else to comment here first.

RIP.

HunterICX
09-15-10, 05:40 AM
Nice tribute, may he rest in peace.

HunterICX

Schroeder
09-15-10, 06:49 AM
Very moving. I had never heard of the patriot guard riders before. Interesting group...
May your relative rest in peace.

Penguin
09-15-10, 04:02 PM
RIP
A very touching farewell.
I am glad that the burial was not disturbed by morons.

GoldenRivet
09-15-10, 04:08 PM
I am glad that the burial was not disturbed by morons.

it was disturbed my morons unfortunately :nope:

fortunately one of the "missions" of the patriot guard riders is to locate these idiots and form a sort of box pattern around them with flags hoisted high so that they are out of view.

Gerald
09-15-10, 04:17 PM

fortunately one of the "missions" of the patriot guard riders is to locate these idiots and form a sort of box pattern around them with flags hoisted high so that they are out of view. :nope:

DarkFish
09-15-10, 04:18 PM

fortunately one of the "missions" of the patriot guard riders is to locate these idiots and form a sort of box pattern around them with flags hoisted high so that they are out of view.Sorry for my ignorance, and I hope answering this isn't in any way painful to you, but who are these morons you talk about, and what do they do?
Wouldn't disturbing someone's funeral be terribly disrespectful?:nope:

Anyway, that he may rest in peace wherever he is:salute:

GoldenRivet
09-15-10, 04:24 PM
Chiefly - probably solely - these morons are the Westboro Baptist Church.

they are the folks that show up at funerals waving signs that say "God hates soldiers" and "God killed your soldier" etc.

their ideology is: because the United States is even the least bit tolerant to homosexuality Gods wrath upon the USA is dead soldiers.

I wont taint this thread with links to their site or to images of their activities. their web address is simply atrocious.

but i will say this

The Patriot Guard Riders have proven so effective at their mission that the WBC protesters who used to appear at military funerals by the dozens, now only appear in groups of 5 to 10.

additionally, several laws have been enacted due to these idiots which has made it illegal to protest or make any uninvited appearance within XXX feet or miles etc (depending on the state) of a funeral.

EDIT: thanks to the laws protecting funerals and the Patriot Guard Riders... 90% of the attendees of the funeral never even knew these morons were present.

Penguin
09-15-10, 04:40 PM
sorry to hear that the morons where there. My fullest respect goes to the Patriot Guard guys. It takes a strong mind to keep up non-violent behaviour in situations like this. And good to hear that it worked out that the attendees didn't notice the idiots.
Also I don't want to derail this thread by mentioning them - the memory of your relative is what counts!

DarkFish
09-15-10, 05:15 PM
Chiefly - probably solely - these morons are the Westboro Baptist Church.

they are the folks that show up at funerals waving signs that say "God hates soldiers" and "God killed your soldier" etc.

their ideology is: because the United States is even the least bit tolerant to homosexuality Gods wrath upon the USA is dead soldiers.

I wont taint this thread with links to their site or to images of their activities. their web address is simply atrocious.

but i will say this

The Patriot Guard Riders have proven so effective at their mission that the WBC protesters who used to appear at military funerals by the dozens, now only appear in groups of 5 to 10.

additionally, several laws have been enacted due to these idiots which has made it illegal to protest or make any uninvited appearance within XXX feet or miles etc (depending on the state) of a funeral.

EDIT: thanks to the laws protecting funerals and the Patriot Guard Riders... 90% of the attendees of the funeral never even knew these morons were present.These Patriot Guard Riders sound like great guys:up:
Something I cannot say about those Westboro fools:down:

Jimbuna
09-16-10, 08:00 AM

fortunately one of the "missions" of the patriot guard riders is to locate these idiots and form a sort of box pattern around them with flags hoisted high so that they are out of view.

John, IIRC our very own Privateer may well be a member of The Patriotic Guard.

Damn fine job they must be doing as well :up:

krashkart
09-16-10, 08:08 AM
I'm don't have the words for this, but y'all are in my thoughts at any rate.

Weiss Pinguin
09-16-10, 10:11 AM
I remember hearing about them, great bunch of guys sounds like :salute: