PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds

Ducimus
09-13-10, 09:16 PM
http://www.datapointed.net/2009/09/distance-to-nearest-mcdonalds/
http://www.datapointed.net/2010/09/distance-to-nearest-mcdonalds-sept-2010/

I should mention, ever since that movie "supersize me", i've avoided Mc D's like the plauge.

Food tastes like cardboard now anyway.

kiwi_2005
09-13-10, 10:33 PM
Only time i eat McDonald's or KFC is when i visit the nearest city which is about every couple of years cause for me trying to get off the motorway is a disaster! :har:. Country lads visiting the city is stress garranteed!.
I will admit when i do reach the main downtown area of the city first stop is McDonald's where I gorge myself in junk food without any guilt whatsoever. :DL

Good thing about it 'health wise' is i only get to eat it every couple of years.

Gerald
09-13-10, 11:14 PM
as far away as possible which is not so easy to them there's like mushrooms, both here and there...:O:

Flaxpants
09-14-10, 01:56 AM
As much as I loathe and detest everything they stand for, there are times, not very often admittedly, when I want a Big Mac. I don't know why, it does actually taste like cardboard, it does nothing for me and I'm usually hungry again an hour later.
However- Ronald McDonald, he's cool. Is he a real person? I would love to meet him and find out where he buys shoes.

d@rk51d3
09-14-10, 02:07 AM
Only time i eat McDonald's or KFC is when i visit the nearest city which is about every couple of years cause for me trying to get off the motorway is a disaster! :har:. Country lads visiting the city is stress garranteed!.
I will admit when i do reach the main downtown area of the city first stop is McDonald's where I gorge myself in junk food without any guilt whatsoever. :DL

Good thing about it 'health wise' is i only get to eat it every couple of years.

:har:

That's me, almost to the letter.

The only difference is my choice: Hungry Jacks............ (Burger King to most of you.):yeah:

gimpy117
09-14-10, 04:17 PM
I blame McDonalds for no portion control. In the 50's, a burger was a quarter pound.

In the 50's you would get:

Cheeseburger: 300 calories
French Fries (now called the small): 230 calories
salt packet: 0 cal
Ketchup packet: 15 cal
Child Coke classic (12 oz): 110 calories.

total calories: 650
you can have 3 of these meals a day and hit 1950 calories, under 2000 even.

Today however, you go in and order a "conservative" meal consisting of:

Big mac: 540 calories
Medium French Fries: 380 calories
Medium Coke classic (21 oz): 210 calories
Ketchup packet: 15 cal
salt packet: 0 calories

total: 1150 calories.
2 of these puppies and you are 300 calories over the 2000 average, and dinner is just adding to your girth. This is just a "normal sized meal"

Imagine if you did this:

Angus Bacon and cheese: 740 calories
Large French fries: 500 calories
Large Coke classic: 310 calories
Ketchup Packet: 15 calories
Salt packet: 0 calories

total: 1610 calories. :o
and thats not counting refills, a pie or two etc.

The Third Man
09-14-10, 04:20 PM
When I was young McDonalds was a treat only allowed when on trips to my grand parent's home. It was a treat.

Bubblehead1980
09-14-10, 04:22 PM
All about choice guys, people choose to eat this stuff.McDonals is a business that provides a product people want.All boils down to personal responsibility.

I will admit to getting a cheeseburger and fries from McDonalds now and then.I dislike their "premium" burgers they, they taste weird.I like the small cheeseburgers or double cheeseburgers.All boils down to personal responsibility.

Takeda Shingen
09-14-10, 04:25 PM
I don't eat at McDonald's. Ever. It is well known that the food served there is absolutely terrible, and from a health standpoint some of the worst food you could possibly eat. It is also well established that the numbered meals are loaded with trans fats and empty calories. This has been brought to the public's attention clearly and repeatedly, so at this point it is really the public's responsibility when it comes to selecting whether to eat there or not. McDonald's doesn't look like they are hurting, so it would appear that much of the public is not put off by those facts.

Health is a choice; whether it be good health or poor. McDonald's simply provides a service that is in demand. The rest is up to the consumer.

DarkFish
09-14-10, 05:00 PM
I eat there about once a week.
But don't forget that the sizes in the Netherlands are much smaller than in the US: the Dutch Big Mac (the largest burger you can get here) has got 495 kcal VS 550 in the US version. Also your small sized drinks are our large sized.

tater
09-14-10, 05:57 PM
I take my son there sometimes, but he's so skinny (4 YO) that we're trying to fatten him up :)

TarJak
09-14-10, 06:09 PM
When I was young McDonalds was a treat only allowed when on trips to my grand parent's home. It was a treat.
You should get your parents charged with child neglect then. Macca's is and always has been rubbish much like most take away foods.

Sailor Steve
09-14-10, 06:11 PM
All this talk has got me hungry for a Quarter-Pounder-with-Cheese.

Back in a few! :D

Flaxpants
09-14-10, 10:22 PM
While you're there, grab me one of those McFlurry things will you? Chocolate preferably, and throw in big fries, I feel like going large.

Ducimus
09-14-10, 10:25 PM
All this talk has got me hungry for a Quarter-Pounder-with-Cheese.

Back in a few! :D

Damn coronary special that is. Squeeze the patties together..... all the grease that just oozes and drips out. At's why it slides down so easily! :haha: (edit: Or am i thinking of the double quarter pounder with cheese?)

Flaxpants
09-14-10, 10:53 PM
Lots of grease just keeps all your parts lubricated properly, I don't know what all the fuss is about. It works for diesel engines anyway, the human body is sort of similair.

HunterICX
09-15-10, 05:13 AM
Hungry?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9334/fastfood.gif

HunterICX

Blood_splat
09-15-10, 05:38 AM
I'll eat the fish sandwich that's all. lol

bookworm_020
09-15-10, 07:26 AM
After seeing Hunters post, this seems all the more relevant

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/7945648/i-was-lovin-it-television-ad-enrages-mcdonalds/

A burger too far?.....:dead:

Gerald
09-15-10, 07:47 AM
I was moderately fond of all the junk food, which I very rarely eat....

frau kaleun
09-15-10, 08:20 AM
The fry markup is around 500%

And you know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE WORTH IT. :D

On the other hand I have never met a potato I didn't like, so YMMV.

Jimbuna
09-15-10, 10:20 AM
No thanks...they don't do a decent curry :DL

FIREWALL
09-15-10, 10:34 AM
You all sound like a bunch of women dress shopping.:haha:

You all know you want a McButt and a side of Big Thighs. :har:

AVGWarhawk
09-15-10, 10:50 AM
As much as I loathe and detest everything they stand for, there are times, not very often admittedly, when I want a Big Mac. I don't know why, it does actually taste like cardboard, it does nothing for me and I'm usually hungry again an hour later.
However- Ronald McDonald, he's cool. Is he a real person? I would love to meet him and find out where he buys shoes.

:har:

I'm with ya man. I get the Big Mac attack every three months. As far as Ronald McDonald when I was a kid a neighbor, Mr. Calaban, was a Ronald McDonald in a few commercials. So in my little world old Ronny was real. :yeah:

Jimbuna
09-15-10, 11:29 AM
Oh yes, 's real alright :DL

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pS_6yKrXtOs/Sh-HJJZR7QI/AAAAAAAABLc/BCvSqRl6Bec/s400/ronald-mcDonald_hitting.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pS_6yKrXtOs/Sh-HJJZR7QI/AAAAAAAABLc/BCvSqRl6Bec/s1600-h/ronald-mcDonald_hitting.jpg)

Sailor Steve
09-15-10, 11:35 AM
The true story:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/McDonalds

Jimbuna
09-15-10, 02:18 PM
The true story:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/McDonalds

PPE doesn't mind the after-sh!t sticking to his fingers and gets back to work.
PPE fetches the bread and puts it over the meat, lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar. He notices the bread looks kinda dead and old. He masterbates and sperms on it and, with his recently-licked index finger, polishes the bread surface.

I'll definitely stick with my curries thanks :DL

Weiss Pinguin
09-15-10, 02:21 PM
And this is why I eat Wendy's and Burger King :smug: :lol:

Penguin
09-15-10, 04:19 PM
Well I don't eat at McDonalds for obvious reasons.
That being said I miss AK and HI in the map of the OP's links. I guess in those states there are spots where you're further away than 115 miles from the nearest McD.

longam
09-15-10, 05:30 PM
I love the McSkillet Burrito, yummy. Other then that a big mac about twice a year.

Carotio
09-15-10, 06:26 PM
Also your small sized drinks are our large sized.

I noticed something similar this summer, when I had to eat in the airport of Houston on my way back home to Denmark. The sizes of drinks are just plain wrong. Usully, I order a medium size at home, and I didn't really think much about it untill I saw my cup, which I would call bigger than the big size. It was only because I had numerous hours to kill that I accepted the size, spent some time drinking watching some tv, and afterwards taking some walks back and forth several times, since the food was pretty unhealthy too.

McD and similar, I visit those places very rarely. Too quick hungry again, the taste is not particular delicious, and it's unhealthy in the long run. They only see me, when I'm going home from a night out with lots of drinks or during travels. So it's okay.

krashkart
09-16-10, 09:14 AM

Probably takes about as long to get it all out of the system. :haha:

STEED
09-16-10, 03:31 PM
McDonald's rat burgers and milkshakes made from rats milk, what more can you ask for. :shifty::rotfl2:

CCIP
09-16-10, 05:28 PM
You know what's really funny?

I was growing up in Russia (in relative poverty at that), and in the early 90s McDonalds came around. There was just a couple in the whole city, and for me that was a real EVENT. I'd go with all my friends like once a year and we'd all sit there gawking at the (perceived) fanciness and western-ness of it all. We imagined that's what the really, really rich Americans all do.

...oh boy, how naive I was :rotfl2:

Learned better though :88)

Task Force
09-16-10, 05:39 PM
Oahwell, its better than the prison food the schools slop out.:dead:

gimpy117
09-16-10, 06:57 PM

Im at college and I agree...its pretty high calorie for the amount you get.

Jimbuna
09-17-10, 06:18 AM

Are you positive? :DL

krashkart
09-17-10, 08:03 AM

I was growing up in Russia (in relative poverty at that), and in the early 90s McDonalds came around. There was just a couple in the whole city, and for me that was a real EVENT. I'd go with all my friends like once a year and we'd all sit there gawking at the (perceived) fanciness and western-ness of it all. We imagined that's what the really, really rich Americans all do.

:rotfl2:

I ne'er knew you lived in Russia. :)

@Task Force - Oww no... the pizza they served in school was... I don't know what that was. :o:dead:

nikimcbee
09-17-10, 02:06 PM
Go Burger King
http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2007/8/krusty-burger-king.jpg

nikimcbee
09-17-10, 02:10 PM

I've been to the McDs in Moscow, it was pretty cool, except you have to pay for your own ketchup:dead:.

I believe the raise all of their (Russian food) in Russia.