PDA

View Full Version : Google at it again...

Weiss Pinguin
09-09-10, 12:22 PM
So I opened up google to find that now, instead of typing in a search and hitting search, it updates in real time as I type :doh: now it's confusing as crap trying to put in a search. Never thought they'd come up with something even worse than their new image search layout...

Anyone else?

Oberon
09-09-10, 12:44 PM
Yeah I got that earlier today. :yep:

Gerald
09-09-10, 12:47 PM
and there are add-on to avoid these as well as "friendly key logger" and text files (cookies)

Takeda Shingen
09-09-10, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I turned it off and went back to the old version. I can't stand this constant re-inventing of the wheel.

Weiss Pinguin
09-09-10, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I turned it off and went back to the old version. I can't stand this constant re-inventing of the wheel.
Holy crap, you can turn it off! :o I was afraid I would have to put up with this until they tried something else again.... all this to save someone 2-5 seconds a search...

Oberon
09-09-10, 01:14 PM
You can turn it off!! w00t :rock:

SteamWake
09-09-10, 01:46 PM
So I opened up google to find that now, instead of typing in a search and hitting search, it updates in real time as I type :doh: now it's confusing as crap trying to put in a search. Never thought they'd come up with something even worse than their new image search layout...

Anyone else?

Heh everyone else, even funnier is it quite often (on a multiple shared network) it comes up with an even more confusing error message about connection speed and disabling google :haha: :salute:

At least there good for a few laughs.

Zachstar
09-09-10, 09:01 PM
Have to admit this is one of their worst ideas yet. Thank pete you can turn it off tho they need to make it easier to do so.

SteamWake
09-09-10, 09:15 PM
Yea bu tthen it posts some kinda thing up there about how you can make browsing faster by turning it back on! :haha:

Gerald
09-09-10, 09:53 PM
I have never on,and if it must be done so have add-on blocked, the whole thing and everything is smooth :yep:

Takeda Shingen
09-09-10, 09:55 PM
Yes, the hypertext for deactivation should be on the right side of the text input box.

Gerald
09-09-10, 10:06 PM
Correct!

Castout
09-09-10, 10:25 PM
and there are add-on to avoid these as well as "friendly key logger" and text files (cookies)

Gimme links to those

Google is invading my internet life! :damn:

SteamWake
09-09-10, 10:27 PM
I have some bad news for you guys... the internet is a keylogger, otherwise it wouldent work :03: :O: :haha:

Takeda Shingen
09-09-10, 10:30 PM
I have some bad news for you guys... the internet is a keylogger, otherwise it wouldent work :03: :O: :haha:

So the internet is infringing on my right to enjoy the internet. Those jerks.

Gerald
09-09-10, 10:37 PM
Gimme links to those

Google is invading my internet life! :damn: You get to do a search on the page, because it consists of very many add,

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Cheers