PDA

View Full Version : Reid "I had nothing to do with the bad economy"

SteamWake
09-08-10, 10:23 AM
I will be so glad when Reid loses his seat. Blaming Bush is not a winning position.

Besides werent you in office while all this was going on Mr. Reid? If you had nothing to do with it just what in the hell were you doing?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, facing a tough re-election bid in one of the states hardest hit by the recession, said today that the economic downturn was not his fault.
"I had nothing to do with the massive foreclosures here," Reid said during an appearance on the ABC News/Washington Post "Top Line" program, adding that he also had no part in contributing to the state's dismal unemployment figures.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/harry-reid-i-had-nothing-to-do.html

AVGWarhawk
09-08-10, 10:25 AM
It was all Pelosi's fault.

SteamWake
09-08-10, 10:26 AM
It was all Pelosi's fault.

Please I'm trying to eat my lunch here. :oops:

mookiemookie
09-08-10, 10:29 AM
I will be so glad when Reid loses his seat. Blaming Bush is not a winning position.

As much as you all would like to sweep his presidency under the rug, a lot of the economic problems we're facing started in 2007-2008 and even earlier than that. It's not about blame. It's about responsibility and learning from history. If you don't have a clear understanding of the causes and genesis of the fundamental breakdown in our financial system caused by the abdication of regulatory oversight in the blind pursuit of some ideological "hands off" approach to finance and banking (and yes, I know that phrase is like setting up the Bat-Signal for UnderseaLcpl :D ), then you set yourself up to repeat the same mistakes.

As distasteful and embarrassing as it may be to you, a reappraisal of the failings of the Bush economic policies are in order.

SteamWake
09-08-10, 10:36 AM
a reappraisal of the failings of the Bush economic policies are in order.

Not going to go down that road as its been discussed to death and accomplishes little. The cast of charecters goes back to before Bush and you know it. Yes Bush did not help things.

All I am saying is that if the Democrats choose to use "Blame Bush" as a political stratigy they will lose.

August
09-08-10, 11:20 AM
...a lot of the economic problems we're facing started in 2007-2008...

Yeah they started right about the time the Democrats took over Congress.

At least that problem be corrected come November! :DL

GoldenRivet
09-08-10, 11:25 AM

correct.:03:

AVGWarhawk
09-08-10, 11:44 AM
Like I said...it is Pelosi's fault. :03:

Takeda Shingen
09-08-10, 11:47 AM
Meh, same old: Everybody's in charge, but nobody's in charge. Both sides play it when they feel it is in their best interests.

mookiemookie
09-08-10, 12:29 PM

At least that problem be corrected come November! :DL

Farther back than that. 07/08 is when the effects of policies stretching back years were felt. To blame it all on one party is foolish.

ETR3(SS)
09-08-10, 03:50 PM
Farther back than that. 07/08 is when the effects of policies stretching back years were felt. To blame it all on one party is foolish.Couldn't agree more, that's why I blame both!:yeah:

mookiemookie
09-08-10, 03:55 PM
Couldn't agree more, that's why I blame both!:yeah:

Smart man. Too many people monkeying around with things they don't understand in the pursuit of votes.

Platapus
09-08-10, 07:07 PM
Farther back than that. 07/08 is when the effects of policies stretching back years were felt. To blame it all on one party is foolish.

Add me to the agreement list.

This is not a Republican problem
This is not a Democrat problem
This is not a liberal problem
This is not a conservative problem

This is an American problem. The sooner we can stop blaming someone else the sooner we, as a nation, can start to fix this problem.

August
09-08-10, 07:31 PM
To blame it all on one party is foolish.

So you don't really mean it when you Dems say it's Bush's fault? :DL

mookiemookie
09-08-10, 07:54 PM
So you don't really mean it when you Dems say it's Bush's fault? :DL

Hey hey, don't lump me in with the milquetoast and craven Dems. I'm *far* more liberal than them.

I'd actually pin the majority of the blame on Alan Greenspan and the Fed.

I'd recommend Barry Ritholtz's "Bailout Nation" (http://bailoutnation.net/) as a very good, layman's terms explanation of how we went so wrong. He actually starts with the bailouts of the airline industry and Chrysler in the late 70s/early 80s as the genesis of the problem. I read his column most every day. He's one of the sharpest and most down to earth non-partisan economic observers out there. I'd say his book, along with Michael Lewis's "The Big Short" (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Short-Inside-Doomsday-Machine/dp/0393072231) as the two "must read" treatises on the financial crisis.

Takeda Shingen
09-08-10, 08:55 PM
It must be in anticipation of tomorrow's (Thursday) start of the season, but as an Eagles fan, I have been looking at this title lately and answering with 'Maybe not, but you still made Sean McDermott your defensive coordinator.'

mookiemookie
09-09-10, 08:26 AM
It must be in anticipation of tomorrow's (Thursday) start of the season, but as an Eagles fan, I have been looking at this title lately and answering with 'Maybe not, but you still made Sean McDermott your defensive coordinator.'

:rotfl2: