PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Ducimus!

Vaux
09-07-10, 02:18 PM
I got SH4 about 2 months ago and played the stock 1.4 for about 6 weeks. I then upgraded to 1.5 and played it stock for a couple of days. I then put on TMO 2.0 and the latest Beta update for it, and all I can say is "WOW!!!!!!!!!"

I'm blown away at the difference TMO makes. The over all look and feel of the game is orders of magnitude better. Even little things like ambient environmental sounds (footsteps, somebody nearby sighing, etc) make for a far more immersive and enjoyable experience. This is the way SH4 should have been when it was released.

So, Ducimus, thank you for your incredible work. If I ever meet you in the real world, the beer and single malt is on me!

Armistead
09-07-10, 08:09 PM
Yep, whole new ballgame. Many advise new players to play stock for awhile before mods, not me, why miss out on the way the game should be played, plus the graphics. I played stock for a few weeks and shelfed the game, later found TMO and other mods and this has been my fav game since...Ubi should hire these guys.

I assume he added the 3d interiors in TMO2, but if not, another must.

You may also be interested in EAX sound mod, takes the sound to a whole new level, not only new sounds, but better sound using EAX function.
Don't forget merchant skinpack2 for TMO and when you're ready for historic ships movements RSRD is a must.

Ducimus
09-07-10, 10:54 PM
While i did a ton of work on my own, do check the credits list in the PDF; because the list of names there amply shows I didn't do everything. :03:

Vaux
09-08-10, 08:31 AM
While i did a ton of work on my own, do check the credits list in the PDF; because the list of names there amply shows I didn't do everything. :03:

Is that your polite way of saying "RTFM"?:03: Your absolutely correct of course. a big thank you to everyone involved and the offer of beer and scotch on me applies to the whole TMO team if I ever meet any of you in real life!

jldjs
09-08-10, 09:13 AM
I agree re TMO 2 Beta and ask if EAX sounds requires
Pohl's (sic) sound mod? Also any graphics card req'ts
for the 3d interiors?

Vaux
09-08-10, 02:22 PM
Yep, whole new ballgame. Many advise new players to play stock for awhile before mods, not me, why miss out on the way the game should be played, plus the graphics. I played stock for a few weeks and shelfed the game, later found TMO and other mods and this has been my fav game since...Ubi should hire these guys.

I assume he added the 3d interiors in TMO2, but if not, another must.

You may also be interested in EAX sound mod, takes the sound to a whole new level, not only new sounds, but better sound using EAX function.
Don't forget merchant skinpack2 for TMO and when you're ready for historic ships movements RSRD is a must.

I have to say that I would not have half the appreciation and respect for TMO that I have if I had not played stock for a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on the other mods, I'll check it out.

Armistead
09-08-10, 06:33 PM
A week or so is fine, if not just for effect, but that would be about all

Armistead
09-08-10, 06:35 PM
I agree re TMO 2 Beta and ask if EAX sounds requires
Pohl's (sic) sound mod? Also any graphics card req'ts
for the 3d interiors?

You don't have to run Pouls sound with EAX, some do. Poul's has some good sounds, but the constant non ending same noises get to me after awhile