PDA

View Full Version : Nonexistant damage

CaptainMattJ.
09-06-10, 10:08 PM
im sure this is a known issue, but its really getting on my nerves. i bashed into a pen at Tc and reversed in time. it busted a few things, no damage to bow tubes, and of course i get the too much damage on bow tubes Bulls**t. anyway to fix this without mods? im not sure what happened, but now i cant extract ANYTHING in my mods folder, and all the mods i had in there and everything dissappeared. so mods isnt an option ATM.

Edit: read second post above. more detailed and intelligent statement. sorry about the tangle of grammar and wording used here.

I'm goin' down
09-06-10, 10:38 PM
I do not know the answer to your question/complaint, but your post a close to being unintelligible. If this explanation is not an accurate restatement of your post, it is unintelligible. I will try to restate it below. In the future, many would appreciate if you would write using standard English, as it would make others jobs easier.

Here is what I think you were attempting to write.

Matt J's boat ran into a submarine net at Truck (Tc?) He was able to put his boat in reverse and break free. There was no damage to his boat, but he got a report that the bow tubes were damaged. There is no damage indicated.

He attempted to repair the boat, but was unable to do so. In the course of that effort his mods somehow screwed up the game, and now the mods have disappeared from JGSME, and the modded game won't load.

Has anyone experienced this, and what fix it there, if any?

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED, AND IS THIS THE PROBLEM YOU ARE TRYING TO FIX?

CaptainMattJ.
09-06-10, 10:49 PM
I do not know the answer to your question/complaint, but your post a close to being unintelligible. If this explanation is not an accurate restatement of your post, it is unintelligible. I will try to restate it below. In the future, many would appreciate if you would write using standard English, as it would make others jobs easier.

Here is what I think you were attempting to write.

Matt J's boat ran into a submarine net at Truck (Tc?) He was able to put his boat in reverse and break free. There was no damage to his boat, but he got a report that the bow tubes were damaged. There is no damage indicated.

He attempted to repair the boat, but was unable to do so. In the course of that effort his mods somehow screwed up the game, and now the mods have disappeared from JGSME, and the modded game won't load.

Has anyone experienced this, and what fix it there, if any?

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED, AND IS THIS THE PROBLEM YOU ARE TRYING TO FIX?
sorry.

No. i crashed into a Dock wall. You know the prongs of concrete that protrude from the dock that acts as a pen for ships to dock in? i hit one of the prongs trying to maneuver for a good shot against a ship.

I took a little damage on some systems like bulkheads and radar, but NONE on my bow tubes according to the equipments tab. I tried to fire a shot and i got the "too much damage on bow torpedoes" message.

im asknig for a fix i can do without using mods, because i dont know exactly what happened, but i checked inmy SH4 MODS folder and theres nothing there. i had about 30 mods in it and EVERYTHING was missing. i try to extract the RFB zip folder in it and it gave me nothing but error messages. same with all the other zip folders i tried to extract into MODS. i took the actual zip file and put it into the mods folder, and clicked "extract here" as opposed to extract to. thats how i always did it and it worked fine, but something wierd happened and now the MODS folder is empty.

the freaky thing is that the mods still appear in the JSGME list. and seeing as ho i cant add any more mods, i cant use one to fix this problem. i KNOW its a known issue, because ive seen posts describing it, and its also happened to me quite a few times before.

I was also using an S boat, so since all my bow tubes were Declared "too damaged" with nonexistant damage, it made 10 times as much difference because now i have no working tubes.

Spike88
09-07-10, 01:15 AM
The files in the mod folder may be hidden.

Gibus
09-07-10, 01:33 AM
A total relocation is the wisest and quickest solution. In my opinion.

WernherVonTrapp
09-07-10, 06:47 AM
The files in the mod folder may be hidden.That's the only thing I can think of too, apart from someone or some event that caused the deliberate or inadvertent deletion of files from the folder. On a side note, a bulkhead is one of the partitions that divides the various sections of a ship. I believe the torpedo tubes are a part of one of those partitions. Weren't S-Boats particularly old and thin skinned? A minor "bump" into a concrete barrier, might be cause for some concern.

Sailor Steve
09-07-10, 07:53 AM
Bulls**t.
I would respectfully ask that you read the rules regarding language (and psuedo-language).
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item_language