PDA

View Full Version : playable ships questions

I'm goin' down
09-06-10, 05:43 PM
I play tmo2.0 with rsrdc. What is the story with playable ships?. Is a playable merchant one that shows up in the game in lieu of the TMO version? If I use a playable warship like a Yamoto, where is its home port? It would not be too popular if it starts in Pearl. And am I the captain of the Yamoto rather than a US sub? How do I find a Jap TF to sail with?

If I use a playable US battleship, does it replace the US sub that I am assigned? I don't get it. It is somewhat bizarre to consider wht the game might do to my playable ship re the missions, etc.

Help with the basics and the theory please.

rein1705
09-06-10, 06:48 PM
:doh:.... play as an independent merchant raider. Thats what i do with them.

I'm goin' down
09-06-10, 10:44 PM
I'll give it a try and see what happens. This seems quite wierd. Can I play a war patrol mission in RSRDC with TMO2.0 with one of these ships?

I'm goin' down
09-06-10, 11:51 PM
what ships, US or Japanese, are set up for career starts? How do I find them? If it is a Japanese ship, how can I start an American mission with it? Wouldn't it be docked at Pearl, Midway, Brisbane, etc. at the start of the mission?

I tried activating a USS Montana and it was not there at the start of the mission, which means it is not career playable I assume?

ETR3(SS)
09-07-10, 12:56 AM
If a playable ship is career playable, then it will be in the list to choose from when you go to start a new campaign. I'm not sure what ships are compatible with TMO, most are made for stock 1.5