PDA

View Full Version : Obama says he ignored Beck rally

Zachstar
08-29-10, 11:54 PM
http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/08/29/4996422-obama-says-he-ignored-beck-rally-?ocid=twitter

Obama is clearly intent on casting himself as above the political fray, saying American politics is in its "silly season." For example, he swears he didn't watch any of Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall yesterday and says he doesn't find it surprising that "a Glenn Beck can stir up some of the people." But the best line of the entire article

"I can't spend all my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead.":har::har: NICE! ZING!

I don't know tho Obama... Having your Birth Cert on your forehead might be a new style. I am sure Beck will try it as well no?

Rilder
08-30-10, 03:43 AM
Obama just became a bit cooler in my book, all he has to do is wrestle a few bears and I might start considering voting for him over Vladimir Putin in 2012.

SteamWake
08-30-10, 08:57 AM
Yea those silly citizens just a bunch of noisy pests is all.

Let them eat cake.

August
08-30-10, 09:16 AM

Let them eat cake.

Yeah he does sound a little like Marie Antoinette doesn't he?

Takeda Shingen
08-30-10, 09:25 AM
I completely agree. In politics, your opponents are always going to find a tool with which you bludgeon you. That being said, you don't have to go out of your way to hand them one, which is exactly what Obama did in the statement above. That quote serves to confirm the view that many people have of him as an 'elitest', and will appear repeatedly in campaign advertisements during the next presidential election cycle. Not smart, Mr. President.

Zachstar
08-30-10, 10:24 AM

Let them eat cake.

Protest after Protest much bigger than Becks supposed non political gathering got ignored time after time with Bush.

AVGWarhawk
08-30-10, 10:26 AM
Who is Glen Beck? :hmmm:

SteamWake
08-30-10, 10:28 AM
Protest after Protest much bigger than Becks supposed non political gathering got ignored time after time with Bush.

Well at least he was smart enough to NOT make a public statement in which he tries to paint them all as 'birthers' in a 'glib and off the cuff manner' when the rally had nothing to do with that.

Oh yea that Sheehan woman was like totally dissed. :doh:

Bubblehead1980
08-30-10, 12:35 PM
I would bet money he watched part of it or some type of highlight reel put together by his staff.I've read some accounts that he is not as "calm and collected" as the media has portrayed him since the election and bet he has choice words for his opponents, esp the effective ones such as Beck(like him or not, he's been pretty effective against Obama)

Fact is his policies have failed, the wool he managed to pull over many citizen's eyes has been removed and he is now not very popular as his approval ratings show.A large number of Americans doubt his religion and growing number doubt his citizenship.Barry is trying to save face, plain and simple.

Bubblehead1980
08-30-10, 12:36 PM
Yeah he does sound a little like Marie Antoinette doesn't he?

Absolutely, sad thing is that is how he sees the citizens.This explains why despite outrage on everything from the health care bill to the mosque, he defies the very people who voted for him because he feels he knows better and we are just "pests"

Tribesman
08-30-10, 12:50 PM
Absolutely, sad thing is that is how he sees the citizens.
Errrrrrr...one in five citizens apparently thinks he is a muslim and one in 4 think he ain't really american so given the crowd and some of their issues its a petty fair to view many of those citizens on the rally in that way.

A large number of Americans doubt his religion and growing number doubt his citizenship.
What is sad is that so many people can be so obviously dumb.

ETR3(SS)
08-30-10, 02:11 PM
What is sad is that so many people can be so obviously dumb.Only in America!:yeah::nope:

Tribesman
08-30-10, 02:14 PM
Only in America!
Be fair, every nation gets its share of idiots

SteamWake
08-30-10, 02:14 PM
Whats sad is that this is even a question....

What religion is your president?? Durh... ehhh... gee I dont really know.

Name me one president where his religion was not apparent or at least a face of apparentness.

I thought his religion was Liberation Theology personally.

Sailor Steve
08-30-10, 02:40 PM
Whats sad is that this is even a question....
I agree, but for this reason:

no religious test shall ever be required as a qulification to any office or public trust under the United States
It amazes me how people who accuse others of perverting the Constition manage to conveniently ignore that part.

bradclark1
08-30-10, 02:50 PM
Absolutely, sad thing is that is how he sees the citizens.This explains why despite outrage on everything from the health care bill to the mosque, he defies the very people who voted for him because he feels he knows better and we are just "pests"
What would you have him do about the mosque? He did the only thing he could do and you know it.

August
08-30-10, 02:55 PM
What would you have him do about the mosque? He did the only thing he could do and you know it.

He could have not commented on it in the first place. IMO Takeda nails it on page 1:

In politics, your opponents are always going to find a tool with which you bludgeon you. That being said, you don't have to go out of your way to hand them one, which is exactly what Obama did in the statement above. That quote serves to confirm the view that many people have of him as an 'elitest', and will appear repeatedly in campaign advertisements during the next presidential election cycle. Not smart, Mr. President.

Indeed. Not smart at all...

bradclark1
08-30-10, 03:01 PM
He could have not commented on it in the first place. IMO Takeda nails it on page 1:

Indeed. Not smart at all...
I could just hear everybody if he said "No comment". Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

August
08-30-10, 03:04 PM
I could just hear everybody if he said "No comment". Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Oh I'd think a master politician like the President could do a far better job than that of evading an inconvenient question don't you?

bradclark1
08-30-10, 03:15 PM
Oh I'd think a master politician like the President could do a far better job than that of evading an inconvenient question don't you?
I wouldn't call him a master politician. He was the best pick of the worst. I don't think he could have evaded that question. If he did people would be howling that he was for it by being silent.
Curious, what would you have said if you sat in that honored seat?

August
08-30-10, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't call him a master politician. He was the best pick of the worst. I don't think he could have evaded that question. If he did people would be howling that he was for it by being silent.
Curious, what would you have said if you sat in that honored seat?

Good question. I'm no politician and probably would have quickly inserted my foot into my mouth but I would have liked to have said something like what Boehner said:

"The fact that someone has the right to do something doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do. This is not an issue of law, whether religious freedom or local zoning. This is a basic issue of respect for a tragic moment in our history."

bradclark1
08-30-10, 03:46 PM
"The fact that someone has the right to do something doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do. This is not an issue of law, whether religious freedom or local zoning. This is a basic issue of respect for a tragic moment in our history."

He couldn't say that because it's still picking a side. Various middle eastern groups would throw a fit. Touchy situation to get out of.
I'm wondering if they could even get a construction crew to take the job. They'd have to get an answering machine to take all the bomb threats.

Bubblehead1980
08-30-10, 04:35 PM
Obama should have said what Boehner did but that would be expecting too much from Obama because it's obvious where his loyalties are at.I don't believe Obama is a muslim but do believe his muslim backround mixed with his bleeding heart liberalism causes him to hold views that are contrary to the interests of the United States when it comes to dealing with Islam.Obvious examples are his regime refuses to use terms like radical muslim or the term war on terror.Let us not forge the apology tour,bowing to the saudi king etc etc etc Premier Obama is trying to cater to these people because he feels connected to them and disregards the majority of American's feelings as he always does.

Bubblehead1980
08-30-10, 04:36 PM
He couldn't say that because it's still picking a side. Various middle eastern groups would throw a fit. Touchy situation to get out of.
I'm wondering if they could even get a construction crew to take the job. They'd have to get an answering machine to take all the bomb threats.

So let the groups throw a fit, we should not cater to these people.

bradclark1
08-30-10, 05:07 PM
So let the groups throw a fit, we should not cater to these people.
When you are the worlds only super power and have as many fingers as we have in the pie comes with a responsibility like it or not. The middle east matters and and we need all the help we can get for the war on terror even though we have to guard our back from said friendlies. Politics suck.

bradclark1
08-30-10, 05:21 PM
Obama should have said what Boehner did but that would be expecting too much from Obama because it's obvious where his loyalties are at.I don't believe Obama is a muslim but do believe his muslim backround mixed with his bleeding heart liberalism causes him to hold views that are contrary to the interests of the United States when it comes to dealing with Islam.Obvious examples are his regime refuses to use terms like radical muslim or the term war on terror.Let us not forge the apology tour,bowing to the saudi king etc etc etc Premier Obama is trying to cater to these people because he feels connected to them and disregards the majority of American's feelings as he always does.
Do you look under the bed when you go to sleep. :DL
I don't think I ever heard Bush or any of his group use terms like radical muslim or radical Islam either so was he catering? What does Obama call the war on terror? Can't say I paid that much attention. I also don't see him catering to these people. How does he do it?

August
08-30-10, 05:46 PM
When you are the worlds only super power and have as many fingers as we have in the pie comes with a responsibility like it or not. The middle east matters and and we need all the help we can get for the war on terror even though we have to guard our back from said friendlies. Politics suck.

You're absolutely right about Obama being damned either way but the way I see it, right or wrong, a US President should always be seen as being on the side of the American people, regardless of how many foreign groups that may irritate. What the President said may have been intended to play well in Saudi Arabia but it has cost him here at home.

V.C. Sniper
08-30-10, 06:11 PM
Will her ignore Thorium (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/7970619/Obama-could-kill-fossil-fuels-overnight-with-a-nuclear-dash-for-thorium.html) also?

Platapus
08-30-10, 06:49 PM
I did not know I had so much in common with President Obama. I ignore Glen Beck too. :yeah:

bradclark1
08-30-10, 07:31 PM
You're absolutely right about Obama being damned either way but the way I see it, right or wrong, a US President should always be seen as being on the side of the American people, regardless of how many foreign groups that may irritate. What the President said may have been intended to play well in Saudi Arabia but it has cost him here at home.
Edit: He is on the side of the American people. He's backed by something called the Constitution of the United States of America. You surely can't suggest that he goes against it are you?

This is where he expanded on his statement

"I think my statement at the Iftar dinner in the White House was very clear. And that is -- is that if you can build a church on that site, if you can build a synagogue on that site or a Hindu Temple on that site, then we can't treat people of the Islamic faith differently, who are Americans, who are American citizens," he said.
Which is a true statement however distasteful it may be. The obvious trick is finding a way to block it after the NY counsel voted for it.

Tribesman
08-30-10, 07:37 PM
I did not know I had so much in common with President Obama. I ignore Glen Beck too.
You don't know what you are missing, Glenn beck is brilliant entertainment, its a bit of a toss up who is funnier him or O'reilly but both make me laugh, its amazing how they can put out such classic material and keep a straight face, true professionals who do the best parody of a unhinged wingnut in the world.

AVGWarhawk
08-30-10, 07:46 PM
You don't know what you are missing, Glenn beck is brilliant entertainment, its a bit of a toss up who is funnier him or O'reilly but both make me laugh, its amazing how they can put out such classic material and keep a straight face, true professionals who do the best parody of a unhinged wingnut in the world.

Truth be told these two get boring in about 5 minutes. There is plenty of other entertaining shows on TV. I'm partial to Sponge Bob myself.

August
08-30-10, 07:59 PM
Edit: He is on the side of the American people. He's backed by something called the Constitution of the United States of America. You surely can't suggest that he goes against it are you?

I didn't suggest anything like that but at least to me he sure hasn't given he any indication that he's on anyones side besides his own.

Platapus
08-30-10, 08:10 PM

I could tolerate him when he first went on CNN. But he quickly got boring.

I just don't understand his following. He has zero education in political analysis and zero experience in political analysis. He is an entertainer who has an opinion (one that seems to change with the marketability). But evidently there are those who look upon him as some pundit of politics. :nope:. Why would I care about an opinion of an uneducated, inexpereinced entertainer?

I just don't get it. :06:

August
08-30-10, 08:17 PM
I could tolerate him when he first went on CNN. But he quickly got boring.

I just don't understand his following. He has zero education in political analysis and zero experience in political analysis. He is an entertainer who has an opinion (one that seems to change with the marketability). But evidently there are those who look upon him as some pundit of politics. :nope:. Why would I care about an opinion of an uneducated, inexpereinced entertainer?

I just don't get it. :06:

I don't think he'd be half as popular if the Democrats didn't keep talking about him.

UnderseaLcpl
08-30-10, 08:44 PM
I could tolerate him when he first went on CNN. But he quickly got boring. Same here.

Well you probably wouldn't because you give thought to such things but there are enough people that don't to generate an audience large enough for his show to be successful. And of course, what he does isn't that hard. He pretty much just says what his demographic wants to hear.

Bubblehead1980
08-30-10, 08:53 PM
Do you look under the bed when you go to sleep. :DL
I don't think I ever heard Bush or any of his group use terms like radical muslim or radical Islam either so was he catering? What does Obama call the war on terror? Can't say I paid that much attention. I also don't see him catering to these people. How does he do it?

Oh I recall hearing Bush Admin using "radical islam" "radical muslims" etc and saying war on terror.I remember reports on not only Fox news but pro Obama MSNBC etc that a memo via email had been sent around by Obama's people to not use the phrase "war on terror" but to use
"overseas contingency operations" instead.Not sure if it was same email or another but terms such as radical islam etc were ordered to not be used either.

Obama caters to muslims this way as well as taking their side in the mosque "thing" and tries to use the constitution he willingly pisses on when(health care mandate in obamacare etc) it suits him to make his argument.

No I do not look under the bed at night, I look in the closet:salute:

yubba
08-30-10, 09:43 PM
A couple hundred thousand people decend on DC and he didn't notice, right. I guess lobster does make you stupid.

Tribesman
08-31-10, 02:27 AM
Well you probably wouldn't because you give thought to such things but there are enough people that don't to generate an audience large enough for his show to be successful.

So would it be fair to say that a very large proportion of his supporters on his rally were people who simply don't think.

Oh I recall hearing Bush Admin using "radical islam" "radical muslims" etc and saying war on terror.I remember reports on not only Fox news but pro Obama MSNBC etc that a memo via email had been sent around by Obama's people to not use the phrase "war on terror" but to use
"overseas contingency operations" instead
People who think will understand that phrase "war on terror" was meaningless tripe which shouldn't have been coined in the first place.
As for not using the terms radical Muslims or radical Islam perhaps he is taking a lead from Bush who said these people were not muslims and were teaching a perversion of islam that ran counter to the core tenets of that faith and its teachings
Obama caters to muslims this way as well as taking their side in the mosque "thing"
Oh dear , the Bush page at the white house on the problems following 9/11 says freedom of religion is guaranteed and mosques and islam are fine ....its an American thing you see, an American thing which some are seeking to destroy themselves just like Bin Laden would be dreaming of.

A couple hundred thousand people decend on DC and he didn't notice, right. I guess lobster does make you stupid.
I hear he was too busy looking for secret killer comets from the hidden telescope at the south pole:rotfl2:

Tchocky
08-31-10, 11:12 AM
I don't think he'd be half as popular if the Democrats didn't keep talking about him.

Certainly. But sometimes it takes a hell of an effort not to say anything :DL
I know I'm being played, but still!

gimpy117
08-31-10, 04:43 PM
he was right not to take major heed. It was a stunt. nothing more.

SteamWake
08-31-10, 08:17 PM
he was right not to take major heed. It was a stunt. nothing more.

Hellua good stunt drawing all those pepole together.

The Third Man
08-31-10, 08:18 PM
If he did ignore the rally, he is either a fool or an arrogant so and so. I think he is not telling the truth. Certainly his senior political advisor, David Axelrod, briefed him on the rally. If he didn't he is even more incompetant than Obama himself.

Bubblehead1980
08-31-10, 09:30 PM
Oh he did not ignore the rally, he is one arrogant(unwarranted arrogance for sure) person but surely he was briefed on the rally at the very least.The dismissive attitude is called saving face, we all do it from time to time, act like something that bothers use does not so not to give our opponents satisfaction .Let's face it, he's most likely going down like a Thai hooker in 2012 and most of his cohorts will joing the unemployed come November.

Tribesman, the war on terror was not a meanlingless tripe, it was a phrase to describe the campaign to fight global terrorism, esp Islamic terrorism.

I am not against muslims or their mosques, they want to practice their silly belief system it's okay.What I am against is catering to Muslims, they come here and should assimilate, not expect special treatment as some bleeding hearts would give them.They should also be sensitive to things such as 9/11 as Americans and not build a mosque near there.The thing is the people building the mosque two blocks from ground zero are lead by an Imam who has made anti US statements, the mosque is a giant "F U" to the USA and brain dead overtolerant Liberals do not realize that or just do not care enough to be against it.

Bush catered more to them than he should have but nothing like obama and Bush did not have a muslim backround or muslim ties.Obama is not capable of being objective when dealing with issues relating to Islam, he has proven this.

The Third Man
08-31-10, 09:39 PM
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7310/wonderz.jpg

Bubblehead1980
09-01-10, 02:10 PM
:har:

Tribesman
09-01-10, 02:21 PM
Tribesman, the war on terror was not a meanlingless tripe, it was a phrase to describe the campaign to fight global terrorism, esp Islamic terrorism.

So its a law enforcement effort not a war, it isn't really global either and it isn't on terror only on some terrorists.
So the phrase war on terror is without doubt meaningless tripe as it conveys really none of the elements it contains.

an Imam who has made anti US statements
Can you run through them?
You will see the problem, how can they be anti US when they are true?

the mosque is a giant "F U" to the USA and brain dead overtolerant Liberals do not realize that or just do not care enough to be against it.

Actually the rants against the building by the intollerant braindead who have been whipped up to a frenzy by the media are a giant FU to america and all it stands for. But they don't even realize it.

Obama is not capable of being objective when dealing with issues relating to Islam, he has proven this.

No , but you have proven repeatedly that you are unable to be objective in any of your views on your nation and its politics, you make Steamwake look as though he is using a measured bi-partisan approach to issues

gimpy117
09-01-10, 05:51 PM
Hellua good stunt drawing all those pepole together.

yeah but who organized it? Real civil leaders aren't T.V personalities.
The only reason those people came was to see Sara and Beck.

Try it with some random man and woman and see how many come.

Webster
09-01-10, 06:08 PM
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7310/wonderz.jpg

not only that, but now that obama has done so much to ruin this country (and in record time no less) that nobody can ever say carter was the absolute worst president ever because that honor will now forever belong to Obama

Bubblehead1980
09-02-10, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Tribesman;1482767]So its a law enforcement effort not a war, it isn't really global either and it isn't on terror only on some terrorists.
So the phrase war on terror is without doubt meaningless tripe as it conveys really none of the elements it contains.

no it's a war, not a law enforcement action.Law Enforcement handles it in the US because we cant have the military doing so but its a military campaign against global terrorism.

Can you run through them?
You will see the problem, how can they be anti US when they are true?

I recall he said Bin Laden was made in the USA.That is not true, some pissant wack job islamic trash conspired to kill thousands of innocent people but it's the US's fault? WRONG! Blame the victim eh? There are other statements I've read basically talking down to the very country that tolerates his ridiculous religion etc.You've prob heard them as well.

Actually the rants against the building by the intollerant braindead who have been whipped up to a frenzy by the media are a giant FU to america and all it stands for. But they don't even realize it.

NO! The people standing up are doing so because they recognize while under the consitution they may have a right to build that mosque but they have the responsibility to honor those killed by extremnists but that would only make sense if they were some of the good muslims seeking to assimilate to the US while maintaining their beliefs.This Imam and no doubt those who will stock this house of jihad will be preaching anti us messages to try and indoctrinate new comers as well as laughing:har::har: at how foolish the infidels tolerance of it's enemies is.

The people standing up realize that we can not be so tolerant that we allow threats to go unchecked while the libtards think we can inspire these people to be friendly through our tolerance, that is just rubbish and nothing more than appeasement!

Sir Winston Churchill said it best "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"

The giant FU as said is building a mosque that was going to be named Cordoba House.You may skew history to suit your arguments but you do know history.I assume you know about Cordoba and what naming a mosque/community center etc implies? esp in a western city and esp so close to the 9/11 attacks.

I am quite objective but do not follow your liberal line of thinking which does not suit the US best interests so you try to do what liberals do, slander etc.

Tribesman
09-02-10, 01:24 AM
no it's a war, not a law enforcement action.
It is acting against criminals for crimes, terrorism is a crime you know. Its law enforcement.

I recall he said Bin Laden was made in the USA.That is not true, some pissant wack job islamic trash conspired to kill thousands of innocent people but it's the US's fault? WRONG! Blame the victim eh? There are other statements I've read basically talking down to the very country that tolerates his ridiculous religion etc.You've prob heard them as well.

Can you run through the actual statements not just some crap you make up as you go along?
After all as you are talking about what was said you must know what he said:rotfl2:

NO!
Yes:har:

I am quite objective
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Bubblehead1980
09-02-10, 04:03 PM
Okay Tribesman here you go, watch the video its in the scumbag Imam's own words.The Imam claims the US policies are to blame.Wahh Wahh lets blame the real victims and call muslims the victims.Obviously, he is a shill for radical Islam.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/08/19/ground-zero-mosque-imams-controversial-60-minutes-interview

Tribesman
09-02-10, 04:36 PM
The Imam claims the US policies are to blame
And you somehow think that they are not?
Oh dear your education seems to be completely lacking.
Where would you like to start, Saudi arabia or Afghanistan? Pakistan or Yemen maybe?
Its a simple thing which you can't grasp, if you support dictatorships and fund terrorists they will inevitably turn round and bite your arse when you ain't looking, when they do turn round and bite you you are an accesory to the attack because you set up the rabid dogs to bite people in the first place.

Wahh Wahh lets blame the real victims and call muslims the victims.Obviously, he is a shill for radical Islam.

Do you speak english ? can you read it?
Your words certainly suggest that you can't comprehend the language

Bubblehead1980
09-02-10, 08:03 PM
Where would you like to start, Saudi arabia or Afghanistan? Pakistan or Yemen maybe?
Its a simple thing which you can't grasp, if you support dictatorships and fund terrorists they will inevitably turn round and bite your arse when you ain't looking, when they do turn round and bite you you are an accesory to the attack because you set up the rabid dogs to bite people in the first place.

I understand your reasoning as flawed as it is, I get it.Blaming the US for 9/11 is like how people crime on a defendant's rough childhood etc Nothing more than an excuse that has no merit.

My education is definitely not lacking, I did just started Law School after all, but funny you have to resort personal attacks.Try not to be the typical Liberal and go personal because you know you're wrong.

Do you speak english ? can you read it?
Your words certainly suggest that you can't comprehend the language

I'll indulge you I suppose.What in the h*ll are you talking about?

The Third Man
09-02-10, 08:39 PM
http://www.wowfailblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pancake-bunny.jpg

Tribesman
09-03-10, 01:21 AM
I'll indulge you I suppose.What in the h*ll are you talking about?
Its quite simple, you object to a statement he made.
If the statement is true then what the hell are you objecting to?
If you think the statement is false then what planet are you from?

AVGWarhawk
09-03-10, 12:40 PM
http://www.funcage.com/photos/think.jpg (http://www.funcage.com/?)

krashkart
09-04-10, 07:21 PM
I don't believe Obama is a muslim but do believe his muslim backround mixed with his bleeding heart liberalism causes him to hold views that are contrary to the interests of the United States when it comes to dealing with Islam.

Are we dealing with Islam, or a completely screwed-up vision of Islam? :yep:

Platapus
09-04-10, 07:25 PM

There is wisdom in those words. Everything the United States does in the form of hegemony has effects and reactions. Some intended and some unintended. With the short sightedness of the American culture, our foreign policy often does not go deeper than what is good for us now -- ignoring the consequences in the future.