PDA

View Full Version : upgrade messes up me boat! help plz

Bosje
08-29-10, 03:39 AM
not sure if it's stock issues or RFB2.0 / RSRD which i have installed, so i'll post here first.

After my 7th patrol i got a Gato (THE Gato in fact) and all was well except that it came without any goodies whatsoever, didnt have the option to install anything on it either (winter 1942-43 so there should have been options there)
saved in port
reloaded in port
options were there! (weird but anyway)

so i spent some renown and got all the radar and sonar things and took off

february '43, returned after that 8th patrol (1st patrol in Gato) and was told my boat underwent a refit. something with fairwater or fairsomething, taking that ugly bathtub thing away from the aft conning tower, cool!
the picture of my boat on the upgrade screen also changed to show me the new conning tower, cool!

but again all the gizmos were gone. and it suddenly showed a forward mounted deck gun on the picture, with no gun actually on the boat itself at all. (so there was nothing on my boat at all, except a 20mm AA gun)

so i spent a load of renown, again, getting all the radars and sonar and stuff, and i slapped a 4inch gun (fore) on it. as i did so i remembered the old deck gun bug. too late, no deck gun crew. spent more renown to buy a rear mount instead, to no avail.

so here i am, stuck on a shiny Gato without a guncrew. i found the workaround thing ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1075778&postcount=7 ) but i don't know in which savegame i should look for that activeuserplayerunit file, and i don't trust myself to edit the file safely anyway.

-is there anything i can do other than reload when i first got that Gato?
-is it normal for all the equipment to disappear on every new command or refit? don't remember seeing anything like this before

thanks
Bosje

Armistead
08-29-10, 07:24 AM
Just the way it is...stinks, but you have to add most equipment with each upgrade or new boat.

Try your last port entry save to deal with the deckgun.

WernherVonTrapp
08-29-10, 07:59 AM
I always save immediately prior to ending my patrol and that is one of the reasons why. Another habit I've gotten into is saving and restarting the game while in home port, once I've gotten my boat set up the way I want it. On more than one occasion, after restarting the game, I have found weapons, radar, sonar or personnel that weren't immediately available upon returning to port.

Bosje
08-29-10, 10:53 AM
yeah i also save before docking after a mission, loaded up the one before the refit and it's all good now, this time it didn't refit and sent me out again, if i get the refit in future i'll be damn careful with the guns

tomoose
08-29-10, 12:24 PM
....and bought surface search radar (SJ) AGAIN but it is still not "installed" or functioning. My old boat had it but the new boat apparently won't accept it regardless of how much renown (I have plenty) I spend. The submarine screen shows it installed, to add insult to injury, but it simply doesn't work.:nope:

Vaux
08-30-10, 11:15 AM
I just posted a rant about a very similar situation (Thanks for the upgrade... NOT!!!!).