PDA

View Full Version : Assigning ships to a division

Phaedrus
08-25-10, 03:09 PM
Can anyone please help me out and tell me how to put ships into a new division?

I'm going nuts over here trying to figure it out.

It should be so easy, drag one way to create a new task force, drag the other to put ships into a new division..... and yet I can't do it.

I'm hard pressed to put together a Merchant Raider Hunter group when I can't have them as anything but independents in the task force!

Thanks in advance

CCIP
08-25-10, 04:38 PM
You mean on the task force screen?

Yep, drag one away from a division to the big formation screen is how you form a new division. Then to add to it, be sure that you also drag ships from the division bar on the side into the division's position on the big formation screen, one by one. Then it will add correctly. It will not work if you drag one division on top of another in the same screen, even if both divisions you are trying to merge have 1 ship. The rule of thumb is - you can only add or take away from a division by dragging from sidebar to formation screen, one by one.

Bullethead
08-26-10, 01:26 PM
The thing to remember about the Task Force Organization screen is that the left column shows all task forces, the central area shows the divisions of the selected task force, and the right column shows the ships in the selected division.

The bottom line of this is that moving icons around in the central area affects ONLY divisions, even if the division only has 1 ship in it. If you want to regroup individual ships, have to grab them out of the right column once you have their current division selected. From the left column, you can move ships into the central area. If you drag them onto an existing division, they become part of that division. If you drag them into an empty space, they become a new division of that 1 ship.