PDA

View Full Version : Sidebar for XP

kiwi_2005
08-24-10, 01:19 AM
Most likely old news for some, well I just found out about it couple days ago. :doh:. One thing i missed is Vista's sidebar I gotta have all the gadgets and radio stations while im surfing have tried a few homemade sidebars for xp and found them all to be half finish or just a virus waiting to happen.

Google sidebar can be trusted works well and plenty of gadgets to choose, although i couldn't find any radio stations gadgets yet.

http://desktop.google.com/

Castout
08-24-10, 11:26 PM
Umm any good reason why reverting back to XP from Vista instead upgrading to 7?

The best imo is to run XP on older system to run older programs and older games which otherwise couldn't and to have Vista or 7 running on newer more capable system.

Vista and 7 I'm sure are more secured than XP.

kiwi_2005
08-25-10, 12:20 AM
The best imo is to run XP on older system to run older programs and older games

And that's why im running XP. Not because as you say XP is better for older programs but because my system is a ancient super duper kick butt pass_due_by_date PC! :rotfl2: XP is fine its my rig thats not. Well it will run Vista fine but 7 there's no point. I preferred XP over Vista though. If I were to buy/build a new system i would install XP pro with sp3 on it. The OS is not dead, it can run any old software and new. Though i believe windows 7 can do this as well.

Vista and 7 I'm sure are more secured than XP.Windows 7 has far better security features but If you want real top security go Linux imho. As for Vista your kidding right? :)

Castout
08-26-10, 04:15 AM
As for Vista your kidding right? :)

Na I was just indulging myself with self-denial, ignorance and emotional attachment just to make myself feel better for that very reason I decided not to trust your insight :D

kiwi_2005
08-30-10, 01:19 AM
Na I was just indulging myself with self-denial, ignorance and emotional attachment just to make myself feel better for that very reason I decided not to trust your insight :D

Have faith son, have faith... for it is not good deeds that will get man to the kingdom, but it is faith. :DL