PDA

View Full Version : large compass dial

vampyre
08-13-10, 07:31 PM
hi all is there a large compass dial mod none of those added seem to work
V

WernherVonTrapp
08-14-10, 08:27 AM
I thought I saw a mod or two in the DL section for that very thing. I think you have to install it in the correct order, after any other mods that may also change the Compass Dial.

Deephunter
08-14-10, 09:44 AM
Here you go.....
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1843

If you are running other mods, add this one last....

vampyre
08-14-10, 11:20 AM
thankx deephunter
giving it a try
V

vampyre
08-14-10, 11:25 AM
Ah no go game wont start
V

WernherVonTrapp
08-14-10, 01:21 PM
Ah no go game wont start
VHow are you installing it? Are you using JSGME?

Deephunter
08-15-10, 11:03 AM
I usually do a restart on my computer after any mods are added/deleted. It insures that the registry is properly updated. This might help...

Sailor Steve
08-15-10, 12:36 PM
Very nice. In fact the only thing I could hope for beyond this is the big slide-outs that the '6-Dials Simfeeling' mod brought to SH3.

One question: Is it possible to use different dial graphics with this mod? There are others that are more to my taste.

ancient46
08-21-10, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Sailor Steve; One question: Is it possible to use different dial graphics with this mod? There are others that are more to my taste.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you only have to replace Data\Menu\Skins\American\Gui\dials_us_(metric/imperial).dds with the clock.dds of your choice. You can also find a picture of a compass you like, and size it to paste into dials_us_(metric/imperial).dds.
The size of the compass on screen is set by menu_1024_768.ini

Sailor Steve
08-21-10, 06:12 PM
Yes, you only have to replace Data\Menu\Skins\American\Gui\dials_us_(metric/imperial).dds with the clock.dds of your choice. You can also find a picture of a compass you like, and size it to paste into dials_us_(metric/imperial).dds.
The size of the compass on screen is set by menu_1024_768.ini
Thank you so very much! :rock: