PDA

View Full Version : East China Sea...again

Steelkilt
08-12-10, 02:20 AM
I read somewhere in the forums that SH4 defaults to an East China Sea loop as it were. This happens if there is a corrupt file or something. After searching around I have not been able to find the reference again.

Is there a way to troubleshoot and confirm this default action and ,if so, a way to correct it? Thanks...SK

WernherVonTrapp
08-12-10, 04:45 AM
Are you being sent to the exact same spot every time? And, how many times have you been sent to that spot? I've been assigned 3 consecutive patrols there in the past but, each time, the zones were slightly different.

Steelkilt
08-12-10, 05:19 AM
It's been 6 times now and yes each time the assigned destination is slightly different.

I'm willing to stay the course and see what happens

I had an interest in the thread I remember to investigate the posibilities. Per chance I could "nip something in the bud"...Thanks Wernher...SK

WernherVonTrapp
08-12-10, 06:41 AM
It's been 6 times now and yes each time the assigned destination is slightly different.

I'm willing to stay the course and see what happens

I had an interest in the thread I remember to investigate the posibilities. Per chance I could "nip something in the bud"...Thanks Wernher...SK I'd stay the course, like you said, and see what happens. Are you completing your objective? That is, (possibly) sinking/engaging any enemy ships? If not, that may be why they keep reassigning you.;)

Steelkilt
08-12-10, 07:09 AM
I can accept that...I think it's probably to early to tell for sure...completion has been mixed...we'll see...SK

Diopos
08-12-10, 08:29 AM
The re-occuring mission was a bug in early stock versions ...

:hmmm:

What version of the game are you playing?

Steelkilt
08-12-10, 08:35 PM
1.5 w/uboats...SK

Diopos
08-13-10, 12:52 AM
Version 1.5 should be OK ... Maybe a corrupt installation? Sorry, can't think of anything else.

Steelkilt
08-14-10, 01:23 AM
I'm going to hang and see what happens. Thanks for letting me know the bug was fixed w/ 1.5. If it keeps on I'll get drastic...SK