PDA

View Full Version : Played for 28 hours yesterday and today

K-61
08-07-10, 12:55 AM
After an absence from the game for about a year or so, I have finally got back into it, facilitated by a new gaming notebook. Yesterday I pulled a marathon session, beginning at about 8am and playing through all day and until noon today. My poor wife... here it is nearly 2am and I am about to launch again.

What's the longest some of you have played?

timmy41
08-07-10, 03:23 AM
i think i played this for up to 10 hours a few times, doing some really exciting and potential high tonnage/war material attempts. the game ive had a longest session on i think was WWIIOL a few years ago upwards of 16 hours. gahh!

K-61
08-07-10, 04:44 AM
Years ago, back in the days of Windows 98, I used to play one or two games on my Saturdays, after driving truck all week. My wife got mad at me and said, "You've been up here for eight hours on that damned computer!" Little did she know that it was only going to get worse.

CherryHarbey
08-07-10, 06:00 AM
when I read the title to the thread I thought you meant 14hrs one day, 14 the next.......
28hrs straight through must take some doing. I tend to think I've done well if I can get 6 hrs in of an evening.

Gerald
08-07-10, 06:06 AM
and my eyes were rather 'tired' :zzz:

STEED
08-07-10, 07:51 AM
You guys have got to get out the house more. :rotfl2:

pickinthebanjo
08-07-10, 11:24 AM
Must be rough on the old GPU's :DL Maybe eight hours for me

Sailor Steve
08-07-10, 12:01 PM
These days I spend more time here than I do actually playing.:dead:

pickinthebanjo
08-07-10, 12:37 PM

Same here, it's been quite a while:nope:

Doolar
08-07-10, 05:14 PM
hey " K-61 " after reading your #3 post , i suggest u activate the " Give The Wife Some Wine Mod " it works for me . :cool:

Schöneboom
08-07-10, 06:22 PM
Mensch, I can't even count the number of times I've taken a nap during an all-nighter at 1X TC. It's all part of the immersion: "1WO, you have the conn!" :zzz:

Just remember to wash once in a while -- there's a limit to how much realism wives will tolerate!

Madox58
08-07-10, 06:34 PM
I've only put massive hours in the Game when Modding.
:nope:

Longest actual in Game time for me was maybe 4 hours?
:hmmm:

Kapt Z
08-07-10, 06:51 PM
I'd say maybe 6 hours straight. :hmmm:

Only able to do that since I've been out of work. I would job search/network all morning then do chores all afternoon. Some of those afternoons where spent prowling the Atlantic rather than cleaning up the den.:03:

Starting a new job in two weeks so I expect I'll be back to my old 1-2 hours max.

frau kaleun
08-07-10, 08:19 PM
You guys have got to get out the house more. :rotfl2:

I tried that once but the cord on my keyboard wasn't long enough. :O:

I pulled an all-nighter when I was on vacation a few months ago. Started one afternoon and finished up the next morning. Probably 12 hours or so. And for the last 2/3 of it I think I was sitting here at the computer looking at the monitor the whole time, because it was the middle of the night on a weekday and it's not like I was going to be up vacuuming or doing chores while my neighbors were trying to sleep.

It's possible I've had the game up and running for longer than that over the course of a weekend, but when I do that I'm usually folding laundry or up and down from the desk doing other things while we sail around. Then I go back to the PC when something happens and I have to start giving orders again.

Gerald
08-07-10, 09:47 PM
I tried that once but the cord on my keyboard wasn't long enough. :O:

I pulled an all-nighter when I was on vacation a few months ago. Started one afternoon and finished up the next morning. Probably 12 hours or so. And for the last 2/3 of it I think I was sitting here at the computer looking at the monitor the whole time, because it was the middle of the night on a weekday and it's not like I was going to be up vacuuming or doing chores while my neighbors were trying to sleep.

It's possible I've had the game up and running for longer than that over the course of a weekend, but when I do that I'm usually folding laundry or up and down from the desk doing other things while we sail around. Then I go back to the PC when something happens and I have to start giving orders again. they have certainly an interest on how a ship should be reduced :hmmm:

Sailor Steve
08-07-10, 11:24 PM
It's possible I've had the game up and running for longer than that over the course of a weekend, but when I do that I'm usually folding laundry or up and down from the desk doing other things while we sail around. Then I go back to the PC when something happens and I have to start giving orders again.
I just did about six hours for the first time in forever, but part of it was spent down the hall in the excersize room, and while eating dinner I watched a tv show. In those times I go to external view, spin the u-boat to a nice angle and leave it running there. Occasionally I take a look to make sure it still looks the same.

ryanglavin
08-08-10, 01:31 PM

I don't think I've played in a solid two weeks.

Gerald
08-08-10, 01:45 PM
right now it's pretty sporadic, but in winter, when it may become more.

OSU
08-08-10, 04:00 PM
Years ago, back in the days of Windows 98, I used to play one or two games on my Saturdays, after driving truck all week. My wife got mad at me and said, "You've been up here for eight hours on that damned computer!" Little did she know that it was only going to get worse.

lol, I play a WWII combat flight simulator & MMO called Aces High, great game, check it out if you're into flight sims, (http://www.flyaceshigh.com/frindex.html) but the guys there call what your describing as "Wife Ack" I don't know what it would be called for a sub sim. Maybe "Wife Charges"?:rotfl2:

One guys on Aces High says that the best defense is to deploy chaf: $....$...$$....$....$....$..$...$....$..$ I think it would be decoys here.

Tessa
08-08-10, 04:29 PM
Longest uninterrupted continual play time is about 18 or 20 hours. Longest for one session (including breaks of >30 minutes for stuff like dinner, shower, snacking, etc. is 36 hours.

Flaxpants
08-08-10, 10:58 PM
Longest for me is usually around 4 hours- difficult for me to get the time to play longer, plus if I play much more than that I start getting itchy feet (I really must vacuum more often). Plus there's the Mrs to think about, and the kids.
It's probably a good job this game wasn't around when I was 19.....