PDA

View Full Version : Known issue need help.

drakkhen20
07-31-10, 04:12 PM
i remember seeing it somewhere but not too sure. isn't there a download that fixes the torpedoes from "slightly" missing even when you calculate it right and open the torpedo door?

ETR3(SS)
07-31-10, 05:25 PM
I'm not so certain that that is an issue. Some of the torpedo gyros have the historical errors as a part of the game.

drakkhen20
08-01-10, 10:10 AM
but does it still does it after firing all your torpedoes??:06:

ETR3(SS)
08-01-10, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure what you're getting at with that comment.:06:

drakkhen20
08-02-10, 10:37 AM
another words i'm saying, your telling me when i'm firing 5 torpedoes separtly at a target all of them will miss or atleast i have had this happen. i do remember seeing a mod that changes that though, but i can't remember if it was here or not.:salute:

Armistead
08-02-10, 11:42 AM
There is no mod that corrects your firing solution. Simply, there isn't anything wrong with the firing systems. If you shoot manually, you have to set all your factors correctly and even then there is a host of factors that can cause misses. Still, if you're missing or your torps aren't going at your aim points constantly, somewhere you're making an error in your set up.

Check the thread at the top "Skippers bag of tricks". You'll find a host of shooting methods there.

You're only other option is to use auto target to set up your target for you. Maybe that's what you're after.

JoeCorrado
08-02-10, 09:40 PM
I let loose 6 torpedoes at a charging destroyer- a 6 torpedo SPREAD from 750 yards. Every one of them missed the target... I'd say that that was a pretty unlikely event. Could not believe it... as my curses would attest.

And I will admit to using auto target. There goes that bit of advice. :rotfl2:

WernherVonTrapp
08-03-10, 01:25 PM
I hope this doesn't sound silly but, are you opening your torpedo tubes prior to firing?

Ducimus
08-03-10, 03:39 PM
How to shoot a simple "salvo" or "Fan shot". (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134783)

Over simplified, and i used autoTDC at the time, but there you go.

Capt. Morgan
08-03-10, 06:17 PM
How to shoot a simple "salvo" or "Fan shot". (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134783)...

:yeah: I learn something new here every day :yeah:

Always shift the off-set in the same direction the target is traveling, of course, how could I miss that?

Lots of Beer and Captain Morgan keep the modding going

Aw shucks, 'taint nothin.

JoeCorrado
08-04-10, 12:07 PM
I hope this doesn't sound silly but, are you opening your torpedo tubes prior to firing?

They were open as I had set this up on purpose. He was not coming directly at me for some reason even though I left my scope up for his convenience. He was making more of a circular approach... is that normal?

Anyway- every torp missed. Imagine my surprise as I ordered crash dive.

How to shoot a simple "salvo" or "Fan shot". (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134783)

Over simplified, and i used autoTDC at the time, but there you go.

Thanks Duci! :salute: