PDA

View Full Version : is this a known bug?

nappy
07-30-10, 05:22 AM
If i look in the captains log while im between missions, all ships sunk are listed
as happening at the same time i left port starting the mission :(

This is a known bug? or ?

nappy

TabbyHunter
07-30-10, 05:34 AM
I havnt seen that before. Probably a Mod conflict.

raymond6751
07-30-10, 05:40 AM
That makes you look like a busy boy, very quick too. I hadn't noticed that little gem. :rotfl2:

Matt86
07-30-10, 05:41 AM
I believe this is an old problem. After docking it seams this information is lost. A save before docking maintains the correct dates I think.

sharkbit
07-30-10, 07:40 AM
I've noticed the same problem. I'll give the save before docking a shot.

:)

Major Johnson
07-30-10, 10:09 AM
You know, it's mindboggling to me how here we are 6 years later, and SH4 at least appears to have been such a raging success, and yet there are such glaring bugs that have not been addressed by the original developers of the game, but left to the modders, who can only do so much. Rather than come out with subsequent patches which are desparately needed, they come out with yet another version of the game, that from what I can see, has not won over the majority of the SH3 and SH4 community. I freakin love this game and it just irks me how UBI has moved on. It's not always about profit, but reputation as well. Just saying.......

razark
07-30-10, 10:31 AM
It's not always about profit, but reputation as well.
But reputation doesn't pay the bills.

Major Johnson
07-30-10, 12:20 PM
Ahh, but in the long run, it does. A good reputation gets you repeat customers that pay for the games. It's all about good business practices.

razark
07-30-10, 12:40 PM
Ahh, but in the long run, it does. A good reputation gets you repeat customers that pay for the games. It's all about good business practices.
Very true, but I can't buy a sports car NOW with reputation, can I? Customers' good feelings don't make for a good down payment on a yacht.

Customer relations in the future don't seem to be worth much to companies these days.

ETR3(SS)
07-30-10, 01:01 PM
Customer relations in the future don't seem to be worth much to companies these days. That's because we as consumers let the companies dictate to us what we want instead of the other way around. If you want quality, demand it. If that means not buying a product because it's not up to standards, then don't. Simple equation really.:yep:

JoeCorrado
07-30-10, 01:52 PM
I've noticed the same problem. I'll give the save before docking a shot.

:)

Regarding your original question:

Incorrect dates listed in the patrol log in the in port office. Often, it will cite all the ships in a single patrol having been sunk on the same day.

And I agree with you about the bugs and "left out" features- even features listed in the manual. I would have loved to have been able to enter even a small reference note to my map marks. That alone would have been a big deal... and yet it was never implemented.

Ubi-Soft HAS earned a reputation. The reputation of a company that does not adequately support even a successful game, such as SH4. Even after CHARGING customers for the "last" patch and calling it an add-on. If not for the modders here... :salute: