PDA

View Full Version : Chronometer question

Major Johnson
07-25-10, 09:27 AM
I'm a long time fan of the series, especially the original SH, and I'm recently getting back into SH4. I can't figure out how to read the chronometer for a torpedo run. The original game had separate indicators that would count down the running time for each torpedo. This chronometer only has a red line that never moves and I can't tell what the running time is supposed to be. I know I could just go to the attack map and see it that way, but that takes some of the immersion away if I have to do that all the time. Can anyone give me a quick lesson?? Or does anyone know of a mod that makes the chronometer more like the one in the original game??

Thanks!

Nisgeis
07-25-10, 09:33 AM
You get a red minute hand and a red second hand. The time they point to is the run time. Then you get two blue hands that start at zero and count up to impact. When the two sets of hands align that's when the impact should happen.

Major Johnson
07-25-10, 09:55 AM
Thanks for that tip. I'm gonna check that out now. Do they do anything for multiple torpedos that are running at the same time?? I haven't noticed the red lines changing after the first torpedo has completed it's run time.

Sailor Steve
07-25-10, 11:55 AM
Obligatory stupid off-topic comment time:

Technically, since this is the American version, it's a stopwatch, not a chronometer.

Just like that thing that plays records isn't a gramophone, it's a record player.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nisgeis
07-25-10, 12:17 PM
Do they do anything for multiple torpedos that are running at the same time??

Nope. The chrono... stopwatch only shows the first torpedo to be fired.

Major Johnson
07-25-10, 12:42 PM
SS! Words of wisdom are always welcome! :DL

Nisgeis. Thanks for putting up with my noobie questions. I'm so used to the original game, it's been quite a learning curve to get into SH4 the was I was in SH1, but I've pretty much wasted most of the weekend away, so I think I'm well on my way. I don't do the 100% realism stuff, I'm just in it for the fun, which it is.

WernherVonTrapp
07-25-10, 12:50 PM
I don't do the 100% realism stuff, I'm just in it for the fun, which it is.Ditto.:D 75%er here. I just gotta have external cam for the SS and I've "been there, done that" with dud torpedoes. I get too frustrated with the duds.:damn: Oh yeah, auto-targeting too.

WarlordATF
07-25-10, 02:19 PM
Obligatory stupid off-topic comment time:
Just like that thing that plays records isn't a gramophone, it's a record player.

Nope, Its an Edison Talking Machine LOL!

But honestly i think that Phonograph,Record Player,Gramophone and Turntable have all been used in America to describe it.

WernherVonTrapp
07-25-10, 03:24 PM
Nope, Its an Edison Talking Machine LOL!

But honestly i think that Phonograph,Record Player,Gramophone and Turntable have all been used in America to describe it.Hmmm, I was always partial to Victrola.:D