PDA

View Full Version : FOTRS / TMO interface

Forensicman101
07-24-10, 02:02 PM
Having given up on RSRDC & RFB due to unsinkable japanese ships (Fubuki & Small Subchaser), I tried FOTRS. These may be OK, but I can't get used to the quirky interface.

The large dials bounce about whenever my mouse gets near, & they block out the right side of the recognition manual. Aircraft contacts disappear when my crew spot them, there are no wake tails, the speed/time/distance scales make 20% of my nav screen effectively useless.

Is there a way to replace the navigation screen (& key short cuts?) with the SH4 standard one?

WernherVonTrapp
07-24-10, 08:29 PM
What do you mean when you say unsinkable, using the deck gun or torpedoes? The reason I ask is because I ran into a small subchaser and a Gyoraitei PT Boat and couldn't sink them with my deck gun either, even after a dozen hits on each, albeit with a 3" gun. I'm willing to guess that a larger gun might do the trick. Now, I simply sneak around them and avoid them altogether. I wouldn't think it's too easy to sink a Fubuki DD with a 3" deck gun either but, I sank one with 1 torpedo.:yep:
Don't get frustrated, all the mods take a little getting used to and have varying differences to their style of play. I'm playing RFB/RSRDC right now and am having fun, despite the unsinkable small subchaser.:D

OK, I just read your post in the "what are you up to" thread. I've never heard of an unsinkable Fubuki. Are you sure you had the correct mod, I mean the right RSRDC for the verson of RFB you were playing? It sounds like maybe something wasn't installed correctly or was having conflicts.

Raven79
07-25-10, 12:27 PM
Look into the FORTS support folder, there is a new menu in it somewhere, using smaller gauges :) I think it was made for 16:9 screens, it should clear some of those things up for you.