PDA

View Full Version : Its a bird! Its a plane! No! It's a power outage!

TabbyHunter
07-23-10, 08:02 PM
Cruising around the south china sea i spot a large convoy i had been stalking for a day or so. Im moveing in, a few hours later from the front of the convoy. The DD screen passes me with no detection. Fire all torpedo tubes! 4 hits and a critical on the tankers and a passengerliner(20k tons). Give ore take 90k tons for the one attack. Deep dive and escape.

A week later, same area. Taiho, 3-4 BBs and a dozen or so escourts are sighted. i get in close. Fire all bow torps! 2 battleships with one torp each, and the carrier go down. The DDs are now on the hunt. Another deep dive, but i was charged to hell and back (for Ullisys Simpson Grant)...cookie for anyone that gets that referance...but i escape unharmed. Low on reserves and fuel i plot course for home in Pearl. Just as im about to get within docking range...The lamp goes out, the fan, the TV...then the computer. 200k tons or so down the drain!

And that isnt the worst part. Not one save the entire patrol.

Sailor Steve
07-23-10, 09:51 PM
Save, save, and save again.

And spend $30 for a battery backup.

TabbyHunter
07-23-10, 10:13 PM
the battery was actualy just taken out ten minutes beforehand as it wasent getting its charge...But, as that was just a WWII sub career, im not too sad about it...Just confirms if i was in my USS Monpelier i would have been finished. Also, its actualy USS MonTpelier...forsomereason the T was left out.