PDA

View Full Version : Sound issues in Sh4/UBM+OpsMonsun

h.sie
07-21-10, 12:41 PM
Hi there,

I have some sound issues in Sh4 (german speech):

1. If there is a sonar contact, the sonar operator only says:
"Lage 213" (=Bearing 213) instead of the expected
"Kontakt. Lage 213" (= Contact. Bearing 213).

2. When DepthCharges drop into the water, nobody says "Depthcharges" as in Sh3, although the soundfile SoM_S_Depth_charges_in_the_water_sir.ogg exists in the Sound folder.

Are these known problems and are solutions available??

Thank you very much!
h.sie

green_abobo
07-22-10, 08:15 PM
the only audio glitch that drives me crazy is the one that can only be described as a "screaming" noise,that starts off quiet,and builds to such a crescendo, as to cause my speakers and tympanic membranes to pop immediately following loading a saved game.

anyone else attest to such phenomenon?

Ducimus
07-22-10, 08:20 PM
Are these known problems and are solutions available??

Yes.

h.sie
07-23-10, 10:07 AM
Yes.

:yeah:

Oh, cool. And could you give me details about the workarounds.....

Thanks a lot
h.sie

WernherVonTrapp
07-23-10, 02:10 PM
the only audio glitch that drives me crazy is the one that can only be described as a "screaming" noise,that starts off quiet,and builds to such a crescendo, as to cause my speakers and tympanic membranes to pop immediately following loading a saved game.

anyone else attest to such phenomenon?:haha: Yes, except mine is more of a "TssssssssssphwhoooOOOOOOOOOMPH BOOM!" effect.:har:

h.sie
07-25-10, 03:58 AM
Bump!:wah:

Ducimus
07-27-10, 10:06 PM
Bump!:wah:

Ok. Read completely, though this is going by memory.

Go D/L the Nine delta two beta I released. From that mod, your going to pull two files from.

File 1:
/data/library/AnimGraphGE/SON_GE.dat
This will fix the sonarman as you mentioned in the original post

File 2:
/data/scene.dsd.
This will make the splash of depth charges audible from within the Uboat. This is a work around to the sonarman not announcing depth charges, a bug carried over into SH5 BTW. This works just as well as hearing the sonarman saying "Wasserbomb". You hear the nasty cans hit the water, and you know their coming. (I caveat this file with a warning, if the file node ID's for the files this DSD file is dependant on have been remapped in OM, this file will not work)

Disable OM in JSGME, and drop these two files into the exact same location path location into OM, and renamble OM.

Alternately (probably preferably), you can should create a mini JSGME modlet with just these two files in their approrpiate locations and enable AFTER OM. if they don't work, you can always disable this mini modlet with no harm, no foul to your OM installation.

h.sie
07-28-10, 01:02 AM
Thank you very much for your kind help, Ducimus.

Admiral8Q
07-28-10, 03:08 AM
Sound was not that great in WW2! :03:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2GS6ztyP4&feature=grec_index&videos=5EnNn0TrLjQ

h.sie
07-28-10, 02:49 PM
Hi Ducimus,

ist's me again, but there is no scene.dsd neither in NINE_DELTA_TWO nor in TMO. Maybe you have it on your harddisk?

Thx,
h.sie

Ducimus
07-28-10, 03:26 PM
Try particles.dsd

h.sie
07-28-10, 04:22 PM
This I call a quick reply. Thanks again.
h.sie