PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in sh3

Sgt_Raa
07-19-10, 11:53 PM
i started a new carreer the other day so im back in 39... sailed to my grid ref for patrol only finding one merchant.
started to head home found a total of 6 more merchants... sunk em all... got detected by a dd and depth charged so i went to send crew to damage control using the auto sort buttons and CRASH!... CTD!!!!!!!:damn:
This happened to anyone else?..
im told this is a known bug so is there a fix for it?:nope:

HW3
07-20-10, 01:46 AM
This is a bug from when the game first came out, and has never been fixed. It is hard coded so we can't fix it with a mod either.

Sgt_Raa
07-20-10, 01:52 AM
This is a bug from when the game first came out, and has never been fixed. It is hard coded so we can't fix it with a mod either.
i just wont use those buttons no more... might take me 30 seconds more but meh.

Pisces
07-20-10, 05:55 AM
You can send a group of crew to a compartment in one go. Select the destination section, then right-click on the compartmnt with the crew. Or it is the other way around, I allways forget this. But this is the idea.

Herr-Berbunch
07-20-10, 08:58 AM
You can send a group of crew to a compartment in one go. Select the destination section, then right-click on the compartmnt with the crew. Or it is the other way around, I allways forget this. But this is the idea.

I think it is correct, right click on compartment name and OK to man it with crew from quarters, and the same again to send crew to rest (handy if the compartment is taking damage rather than lose your crew). I always end up dragging and dropping crew which seems to take an age, especially if you drop in the wrong place and start again :nope:

Sgt_Raa
07-20-10, 09:10 AM
Right click on compartment name and OK to man it
what do you mean ok to man it?...... im playin SH3?

Jimbuna
07-20-10, 09:43 AM

Check out the post above....I'm not sure either of right or left mouse buttons but it does work....much quicker than dragging men individually.

Herr-Berbunch
07-20-10, 09:53 AM

I'm sure it's right click the compartment name, a box pops up and you then click OK to have the compartment manned.

I sure! :03:

99 % sure!

98 % will somebody quickly check...

Sgt_Raa
07-20-10, 10:10 AM
I'm sure it's right click the compartment name, a box pops up and you then click OK to have the compartment manned.

I sure! :03:

99 % sure!

98 % will somebody quickly check...
nope... not on SH3... i just do it the slower way
unless im doin somethin wrong

frau kaleun
07-20-10, 12:08 PM
nope... not on SH3... i just do it the slower way
unless im doin somethin wrong

You have to right click on one compartment and then left click on the other one, to move everybody back and forth. But I can't remember which compartment gets which click or in which order.

I'm pretty sure it's in the stickied thread for SH3 Hints & Keyboard tricks though.

Hang on, found it:

Left clicking one compartment and then right clicking another will completely fill up the left clicked compartment with crew from the right clicked compartment. :know:

Jimbuna
07-20-10, 12:30 PM
We have a winner :yeah::DL

frau kaleun
07-20-10, 01:20 PM
We have a winner :yeah::DL

I need to put that trick on a Post-it note and stick it to my monitor. Because I can NEVER remember it in the game. I just keep right- and left-clicking each compartment, back and forth, until I finally hit on the correct combination. :oops:

Altho at this point I have enough crew to keep a bunch on damage control all the time. Plus my newb trainee engineering officer what I bought - er, recruited - a coupla patrols ago. I figger I'll let him get all experienced up and then maybe I can let my current chief move on so's Commander will stop nagging me about it.

Sgt_Raa
07-20-10, 01:27 PM
You have to right click on one compartment and then left click on the other one, to move everybody back and forth. But I can't remember which compartment gets which click or in which order.

I'm pretty sure it's in the stickied thread for SH3 Hints & Keyboard tricks though.

Hang on, found it:
cool ty:rock:

frau kaleun
07-20-10, 01:35 PM
You're welcome. :sunny:

Jimbuna
07-20-10, 01:52 PM
I need to put that trick on a Post-it note and stick it to my monitor. Because I can NEVER remember it in the game. I just keep right- and left-clicking each compartment, back and forth, until I finally hit on the correct combination. :oops:

Altho at this point I have enough crew to keep a bunch on damage control all the time. Plus my newb trainee engineering officer what I bought - er, recruited - a coupla patrols ago. I figger I'll let him get all experienced up and then maybe I can let my current chief move on so's Commander will stop nagging me about it.

It's one of those ingame operations that you automatically perform without any prior thought but are nigh on impossible to recall or explain when asked :damn::DL

Pisces
07-20-10, 02:57 PM
I need to put that trick on a Post-it note and stick it to my monitor. Because I can NEVER remember it in the game. I just keep right- and left-clicking each compartment, back and forth, until I finally hit on the correct combination. :oops:Pfew, glad I'm not the only one.

Seminole
07-20-10, 08:07 PM
:haha:.....we all found that bug on day one.....:yep:......I bet most of us have blocked their existence from our concious thought by now. I certainly have.:shifty:

frau kaleun
07-20-10, 08:41 PM
:haha:.....we all found that bug on day one.....:yep:......I bet most of us have blocked their existence from our concious thought by now. I certainly have.:shifty:

I've actually used some of the crew management buttons in that screen to move people around en masse. Never had a CTD from it, but I tend to avoid them since I learned it was a common problem.

At this point with "no fatigue" on I just fill all the "on duty" compartments and anybody left over goes directly to damage control in case repairs become necessary. I will switch people around to try and get the maximum efficiency I can manage for each station, but nobody's in rest mode in their quarters ever. So I don't really have much use for those buttons anyway.

Tessa
07-21-10, 04:53 AM
The crew management commands would be really helpfull if you could customize them a little; most of the stock ones are pretty useless. Good idea that just wasn't implemented well.

For damage control I've always done it the slow way and move each person from source to destination one by one. I can only recall 1 time that I CTD during damage repair - was in a XC or D punishing every Tanker I came across in the Carribean until a DD snuck up behind me and nailed me a couple salvo's from its deck guns and put my in the pain locker. Was able to sort of keep the flooding under control and repair (ended up going into a tanker dock to avoid the DD) eventually something went to far and next thing I'm looking at my wallpaper :cry: Other than Alt+Tab on my old computer I haven't had any CTD's caused by the game since.

Sailor Steve
07-21-10, 11:21 AM
The crew management commands would be really helpfull if you could customize them a little; most of the stock ones are pretty useless. Good idea that just wasn't implemented well.
True. In SH4 they made it just about perfect. I like SH3's management screen better, but in SH4 they take care of themselves.

The funny part is that while they made overall management better in SH4, they made "Man the Guns" worse. In SH3 those commands move people to the guns automatically, starting with qualified gunners. In SH4 the watch shifts rotate automatically, but you have to manually move the gun crew to their slots.

Go figure. :damn:

Pisces
07-21-10, 02:23 PM
True. In SH4 they made it just about perfect. I like SH3's management screen better, but in SH4 they take care of themselves.

The funny part is that while they made overall management better in SH4, they made "Man the Guns" worse. In SH3 those commands move people to the guns automatically, starting with qualified gunners. In SH4 the watch shifts rotate automatically, but you have to manually move the gun crew to their slots.

Go figure. :damn:Yeah on top of that the 'external' crew is vulnerable when you are under depthcharge attack. Even though they are supposed to be inside the pressure hull, the game neglects to consider them as such.

Jimbuna
07-23-10, 01:46 PM
I've actually used some of the crew management buttons in that screen to move people around en masse. Never had a CTD from it, but I tend to avoid them since I learned it was a common problem.

At this point with "no fatigue" on I just fill all the "on duty" compartments and anybody left over goes directly to damage control in case repairs become necessary. I will switch people around to try and get the maximum efficiency I can manage for each station, but nobody's in rest mode in their quarters ever. So I don't really have much use for those buttons anyway.

You forgot to mention that you feed them on steroids :DL

danzig70
07-23-10, 01:53 PM
Wow. Good to know.

frau kaleun
07-23-10, 02:01 PM
You forgot to mention that you feed them on steroids :DL

U-Boat Spezial Cocktail! :03:

Madox58
07-23-10, 02:41 PM
@Sgt Raa,

Is your SH3 a newer version without StarForce?

danzig70
07-23-10, 05:59 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was about something else.
http://a.imageshack.us/img535/8149/33147511.jpg

Sgt_Raa
07-24-10, 01:39 AM
Oh, I thought this thread was about something else.
http://a.imageshack.us/img535/8149/33147511.jpg
HAHAHAHAHA lol good one :har::haha: