PDA

View Full Version : Endless patrol

Biggley
07-18-10, 10:00 AM
I have a patrol area mission , off the coast of japan - but it does not seem to
End! Help! What do I do?

Bubblehead1980
07-18-10, 10:05 AM
draw a circle about 50 NM if you are running stock(out of the box) and stay in it for 96 hours I believe it is, if you go outside of it, it resets.

Sailor Steve
07-18-10, 10:07 AM
and stay in it for 96 hours I believe it is...
The required radius and time are always stated in the mission orders, which are on the clipboard.

peabody
07-18-10, 12:09 PM
The required radius and time are always stated in the mission orders, which are on the clipboard.

SS,

You are right for some mods but not stock, the stock game does not give you that info. I looked at a lot of them a long time ago and most are 100 KM radius and 48 hours.

Peabody

Biggley
07-18-10, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys will use that info :)

Rbaker1989
07-18-10, 01:32 PM
Some missions require a certain Merchant tonnage to be sunk

Lil' Subsim
07-18-10, 06:05 PM
Normally I just stay on the star till the 24-96 hours pass then I hunt...

peabody
07-18-10, 06:59 PM
Normally I just stay on the star till the 24-96 hours pass then I hunt...

If it is a "Patrol" mission then you need to stay close to the star until it turns grey, mission is complete.
If you arrive at the star and it immediately turns grey, then it is usually a "Sink" mission and the first part is complete and they give you a new Objective to sink enemy ships. (In stock that is usually about 10.000 tons) and you do not have to stay near the star to sink them, you can go anywhere to sink them.

Peabody

Lil' Subsim
07-19-10, 02:42 AM
If it is a "Patrol" mission then you need to stay close to the star until it turns grey, mission is complete.
If you arrive at the star and it immediately turns grey, then it is usually a "Sink" mission and the first part is complete and they give you a new Objective to sink enemy ships. (In stock that is usually about 10.000 tons) and you do not have to stay near the star to sink them, you can go anywhere to sink them.

Peabody

What I meant to say is that once I get to the star, I usually put "All Stop" and loiter at the same spot till the star turns grey. Even staying put on top of star sometimes I get contacts passing around me, no need to waste fuel patrol around the star...

Munchausen
07-19-10, 11:24 AM
I looked at a lot of them a long time ago and most are 100 KM radius and 48 hours.

:hmmm: I think the 1.4 patch changed that to 50 NM. Either way, it doesn't hurt to stay close to the star.

Bubblehead1980
07-19-10, 01:05 PM
yea in stock game the orders are not detailed, which isnt fair and what were they thinking 50 NM?

peabody
07-19-10, 01:52 PM
I looked at a lot of them a long time ago and most are 100 KM radius and 48 hours.

:hmmm: I think the 1.4 patch changed that to 50 NM. Either way, it doesn't hurt to stay close to the star.

"Either way" are both the same, almost. Check it again, 100 KM not 100 Nautical miles. That is darn close to 50 nautical miles. (53.9956) And that is the radius, so you can only go 50 nautical miles away from the star but it is a 106 nautical mile patrol circle.

Just a work of advise, check to see what your settings are. I know a lot of people have the game set for Metric so if the orders say 100 nautical miles, you can set 185 KM when you do the circle. And if your orders say 100 Nautical miles and you are set to Imperial, you have a little bit of extra room since 100 miles is only 86 NM.

So anyone that writes single mission remember to take that into account when you write your briefing. The mission editor is set up for KM. So don't enter 100 and then write a briefing to stay within 100 miles.

So when you think about it that is quite a large area (not for TC) but to go from the star to the edge of the circle back through the star to the other edge and back to the star is 200 nautical miles. So for Imperial users (as fleet boats were) is 230 miles, at 10 knots(about 11 mph, most fuel efficient), is a whole day trip. (I don't think the game uses Nautical miles.)

Peabody

Biggley
07-19-10, 04:05 PM
thanks guys met the conditions for the patrol area aspect, now i need to ace a tonnage of merchants, but it does not say how much, any idea where that information is located?

B

sergei
07-19-10, 04:10 PM
now i need to ace a tonnage of merchants, but it does not say how much, any idea where that information is located?

In this very thread :yep: