PDA

View Full Version : hydrophone problem, please help.

nappy
07-17-10, 04:13 PM
using 1.5 with TMO 2.0 (no other mods)

im on my 2nd patrol. and had to refuel at midway since all i got was a
measly jap submarine before i ran out of fuel (well, i did have enough fuel to get back to midway, but i found it hard to complate the mission with only 1 kill, so i refueld and headed back towards japan)

Anyways. Now all of a sudden i can no longer click on the hydrophone with my mouse and move the indicator to whatever bearing i want.
well i can click on it and try and drag the needle, but nothing happends.

I can use the mousewheel to change the bearing and it will detect sounds from other ships, but the needle is stuck on 0 (the bearing is only updated on the small square paper thingie in the upper left corner which is used to send data to the TDC)

I cant for the life of me figure out what has happened. ive not installed any mods and/or updates since i started my current campaign and ive never seen this problem before.

Sure i can propably manage with the mousewheel, but it is slow and kinda ruins the immersion factor for me.

is this a known bug ? and if so.. how do i fix it?

any and all help appriciated.

nappy

Bubblehead1980
07-17-10, 05:01 PM
Okay...

As far as the fuel is concerned, Ahead Standard is the most fuel efficent speed setting.However, you can find out your max range at current speed by going to the nav bar at bottom and clickig, itll give you youre range and can adjust speed accordingly.Slower does not mean more range if traveling long distances.

As far as the hydrophone goes, did you notice if your depth gauges etc in the conning tower, control room are frozen at the 12 o clock position as well? This is a bug that happens occasionally , not sure why.I have noticed it occurs when I save underwater, when units nearby or if i dont order all stop before i save. Home and End keys work best to move the hydrophone.

nappy
07-17-10, 05:46 PM
Ah, i am well aware that all ahead standard is the most fuel efficient speed thanx to the excelent readme in the TMO 2.0 installation. I was mearly providing some background information in case refueling (which i rarely do) might have something to do with the error.

now then as for the gauges.. yes indeed, all gauges, everywhere, have their needles frozen pointing straight up :doh:

how do i fix this? several reloads have not removed the error.

my 2 remaining things to try is to dock at port, failing that, start an entirly new campaign.

nappy

Bubblehead1980
07-17-10, 06:59 PM
Only way I know to fix it is dock and end patrol, should be okay next time.As said only time I see it happen to me is if i save and engines are not at all stop or if i save underwater, i believe changing speeds while in high time compression also causes this.This hasnt happened to me in a while(knock on wood) because i avoid the things mentioned above.Best of luck to you:salute:

Ah, one kill isnt so bad, it happens.

WernherVonTrapp
07-19-10, 10:24 AM
since all i got was a
measly jap submarine That sure beats the 6 fishing boats I sank on my last war patrol. A whopping total of 1,200 tons for an astonishing sum of 300 renown points when I returned to base. I didn't even have enough renown for a Ham sandwich.:wah:

Admiral8Q
07-19-10, 10:07 PM
That sure beats the 6 fishing boats I sank on my last war patrol. A whopping total of 1,200 tons for an astonishing sum of 300 renown points when I returned to base. I didn't even have enough renown for a Ham sandwich.:wah:
:har: Lol Wernher! I guess you'll be begging for renown on the street! :haha:

Yep. I've had this bug also. I found that everything still "works" even if the guages don't. For the hydrophones there is a "Digital" heading also that seems to continue working after this bug kicks in.