PDA

View Full Version : New to Tanksim

ottoramsaig
07-16-10, 01:04 PM
First of all Hello, I am a 33 year vet M1A2E3 Tank Commander (Ret.) I have operated the M48A5, M60, M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1IP, M1A1, M1A2 and the brand new digital M1A2E3 SEP. My passion is with "Armor" alway has been and always will be. I just ordered T34 vs Tiger and was wondering if the folks here in the community might steer my in the right direction. Once I have tried the vanilla version of the game, I will be looking for mods. Any advice is welcome..............Otto

ZeeWolf
07-16-10, 02:47 PM
First of all Hello, I am a 33 year vet M1A2E3 Tank Commander (Ret.) I have operated the M48A5, M60, M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1IP, M1A1, M1A2 and the brand new digital M1A2E3 SEP. My passion is with "Armor" alway has been and always will be. I just ordered T34 vs Tiger and was wondering if the folks here in the community might steer my in the right direction. Once I have tried the vanilla version of the game, I will be looking for mods. Any advice is welcome..............Otto

Welcome aboard otto! :salute:
At 33 your still just a pup compared to allot of us WWII enthusiasts. But I
think you will really like T34 vs Tiger. There are several camps here and some
guys are into them all :DL However my favorite is T34 vs Tiger. Although I would not steer you away from the others I will encourage to check out the
threads here, they will give you an insight of what to expect as well as help
and technical aids.:up:

Vorwärts !

ZeeWolf

ottoramsaig
07-16-10, 06:19 PM
I think I need to clarify, I have 33 years as a tank crewman. Sorry for the confusion, wish I was 33 years old:yep:
p.s. I have heard good things about ZeeWolf. Can you point me towards some Mods?

ZeeWolf
07-16-10, 08:48 PM
I think I need to clarify, I have 33 years as a tank crewman. Sorry for the confusion, wish I was 33 years old:yep:
p.s. I have heard good things about ZeeWolf. Can you point me towards some Mods?

Oh! :oops:

Here's a few freebies:

http://www.filefront.com/15223135/ZW_Mods.zip/

http://www.tanksimzw.com/dl.htm

And the graphics files that will head off any video card problems

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/

Cheers :up:

ZeeWolf

ottoramsaig
07-17-10, 06:00 AM
Thanks so much ZeeWolf.
Q. Do I use JSGME to install the Mods? I am familar with it as I am a big SH5,4,3,2 fan.

Where can I find more Mods?

Chucky
07-17-10, 12:16 PM
No Otto,all of ZeeWolf's mods use their own install routine.
He came up against some sort of issue with JSGME.

ottoramsaig
07-17-10, 03:04 PM
Teach an old dog a new trick..........................

ZeeWolf
07-17-10, 03:35 PM
Teach an old dog a new trick..........................

:haha: I guess I did kinda give up on JSGME a little to fast. You still can use it
Just create the folder and use the auto-installer to install to the new folder.
My problem was a "Tech Support" issue, in how to get it to work on different
OS's. But if you are willing to read the Jones Soft instructions it's easy.:DL

BTW Otto, what is your system consist of?

ZeeWolf

Sledgehammer427
07-17-10, 11:39 PM
Welcome Otto!
:salute:

ottoramsaig
07-19-10, 08:32 AM
I am running Windows XP Pro. My PC is only a year old and after having to work with Vista decided against it when having my cabinet built. I had Microtel build me the ultimate gaming PC while I was in Iraq, with top of the line NIVDIA graphics quad duo processors, liquid cooled heat sink throughout. I normally push max grahics with no loss of FP's. If you wnat actuall spec's just let me know. You will also find on me hanging out at SUBSIM SH5 and SH4 Forums. This is why I asked about JSGME. If you have a better installation program then please do tell. Looking forward to this game.....ITS ABOUT TIME! ARMOR RULES!!!!!!!!!!!