PDA

View Full Version : I dont know a darn thing about this

RConch
07-15-10, 02:18 PM
Help me out please folks.
All these years of playing GWX, I still don't know how the ships\planes appear on the map or cross my path.
Do the ships begin at a port and head to a port or is it just where I am on the map?
I guess the term is "spawn" but how?
I am trying to figure out convoy patterns if it is possible, such as 7 day\10 day ect.
Or does that not come into play?

Sailor Steve
07-15-10, 02:24 PM
Open the Mission Editor and then open the RND file.

Ships in convoys have trouble maintaining position in tight turns, and they cannot change those positions (I'm talking about in-game, not real life), so convoys start outside of ports and end before the reach their destinations. Ships in harbors are scripted (open the SCR file to look at them) and are either docked, anchored or carefully programmed to stop before they hit something.

FIREWALL
07-15-10, 02:50 PM
Open the Mission Editor and then open the RND file.

Ships in convoys have trouble maintaining position in tight turns, and they cannot change those positions (I'm talking about in-game, not real life), so convoys start outside of ports and end before the reach their destinations. Ships in harbors are scripted (open the SCR file to look at them) and are either docked, anchored or carefully programmed to stop before they hit something.

:up::up::up:

Jimbuna
07-16-10, 03:29 PM
Just to add a little more detail.....the SH3 world as far as your U-boat is concerned is approx 50km around you and only those items within that area will spawn ingame eg: a convoy leaving Halifax say 2000 km from you will only spawn when it 'crosses your path' if you are in its line of travel.

The SH3 game engine loads all the information worldwide during its loading operation and is continuously calculating tens of thousands of options as you play, hence the lengthy loading times.