PDA

View Full Version : HMS Illustrious

Doolittle81
07-14-10, 05:36 PM
Just a quick question. Is the HMS Illustrious available in SH-4 (Not UBoat Mission)? Can it be made to list after being hit? I need a scene for a movie(not SH4). I've not been active with SH4 (or UBoat mission) for 18 months or so...have forgotten most of it. Can a simple mission be created to set up an attack on the Illustrious (if available) for video capturing?

Appreciate any help offerred.

Raven79
07-14-10, 07:47 PM
A short "go in and sink it" mission shouldn't take long to make.
I don't know about the ship though.. actualy, never heard of it?

cdrsubron7
07-14-10, 08:09 PM
Just a quick question. Is the HMS Illustrious available in SH-4 (Not UBoat Mission)? Can it be made to list after being hit? I need a scene for a movie(not SH4). I've not been active with SH4 (or UBoat mission) for 18 months or so...have forgotten most of it. Can a simple mission be created to set up an attack on the Illustrious (if available) for video capturing?

Appreciate any help offerred.

Hi Dolittle

It's been awhile since I talked to you, buddy. How's things? There is no Illustrious CV in the regular versions of SHIV. However, there is a version available in the mod Operation Monsoon. I think I should be able to whip up something for you. You'll probably need to install the Operation Monsoon mod in order to play the mission though. If there are any particular things you would like included in the mission just let me know.

Jeff

cdrsubron7
07-14-10, 08:55 PM
Here are a couple of screenies from the mission :D

http://i27.tinypic.com/33ojfjc.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2upuurl.jpg

Look like the right ship?

Doolittle81
07-14-10, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the quick response... I recall now how helpful and cooperative...and friendly and mature...the SH4 (and other SH) forums are/were.

Basically all I will be wanting to get is 20-30 seconds of Fraps video of a Brit carrier listing to port. The objective is to merge that with some IL2 footage...IL2 does not show listing of its damaged/sinking carriers. (It's a flight sim, after all).

If anyone reading this thread could make such a video clip, maybe with 3 or 4 different camera angles, that would be tremendously helpful... Otehrwise, this Flyboy will re-load a working install of SH4 and get back out to sea.

cdrsubron7
07-15-10, 10:27 AM
I will post a link for the mission I created tonight after I get home from work. Maybe someone eles who has Fraps and the OM mod installed would be willing to make the videos for you, Doolittle.

Doolittle81
07-15-10, 05:18 PM
Okay...it appears that the SH carriers do not look close enough to the IL2 carriers for us to be able to use both in one scene, even with some very creative editing and cinematography. So, we''l just be using the IL2 carrier and will simply not show a listing carrier.

Thanks for all the help. Just dropping by the forums these last few days, I feel like I'd like to return to SH sailing, but with the gazillion mods and my SH1.5 installation belly-up, it would be a major undertaking to get back up to speed. More importantly, I really have my hands full with IL2 and Rise of Flight (WWI) flying...and some movie-making projects, and I do believe that the release of SOW:Battle of Britain will happen before Xmas.

You guys have fun on the high seas!

chrysanthos
03-18-11, 03:20 PM
will she be playble? i cant wait:)