PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question: "Expert Sonarman Ability"

WernherVonTrapp
07-12-10, 12:01 PM
The Expert Sonarman is indicated as belonging in the Radio Room. The Radio, according to the "Subsystems" is located in the Control Room. However, the Sonar Stack (in Subsystems) is located in the Conning Tower. Where in the "Sam Hill" is the proper station for this ability?:hmmm:

McHibbins
07-12-10, 12:26 PM
What mod ?

JoeCorrado
07-12-10, 12:36 PM
Place him in the compartment where his ability icon shines bright. The icon will either be a dark, dull green color showing it is not enabled, or it will show a bright green showing that it is enabled- he is in the right compartment.

WernherVonTrapp
07-12-10, 12:42 PM
Place him in the compartment where his ability icon shines bright. The icon will either be a dark, dull green color showing it is not enabled, or it will show a bright green showing that it is enabled- he is in the right compartment. Ahh, OK, I have him in the right compartment then. Thanks.:salute:
Can't believe I forgot about the dark green/light green icon change.

Armistead
07-12-10, 01:37 PM
Not that it's a big deal, but often their ability doesn't work in their working compartment. For instance my torp officer may get a skill that requires him to be placed in the con tower, ect. Happens to many of them. No big deal, but would be nice to leave them where they work.

I miss a few of them that no longer show up in TMO 1.9, hope they show back up in 2.0. Last night I had 5 med skills, get so many of the same type. Several I toss, just uber skills but a few I like.

green_abobo
07-12-10, 09:29 PM
my personal fav were the "speed dive" and "intercept boost" abilities
or whatever they were officially called. uboats.

Admiral8Q
07-12-10, 10:01 PM
My personal favs are the "speed boost" and "extended battery" ones

Raven79
07-13-10, 03:05 AM
Stings a bit to ask this, but so far all I have seen is some high ranking officer in the harbor costing way too much renown to get him, having a special ability. When do they usually develop on a fleet boat?

SgtPotato
07-13-10, 11:54 AM
You don't have to buy the crew member with the special ability with reowns. Just do some patrols, sink some ships, and your crews will gain new abilities.

Raven79
07-13-10, 02:10 PM
Sounds pretty quick.. will try that.