PDA

View Full Version : Server Connection Problem

Enigma65
07-12-10, 11:41 AM
Hello,

Downloaded your files for the game last night. Everything downloaded fine I believe. Went to check out and "evaluate" the game and all I get is this message stating connection to server could not be established.

My ports needed for connection are open. I'm running game as administrator and I obviously do have a working internet connection. Are you guys having trouble with your server on your end? Is your server down?

See pick below for more detail on problem.

http://webpages.charter.net/enigma6584/images/Jutland%20Problems.JPG

Any ideas why I cannot get into the evaluation version of the game? I would really love to try this thing out for purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Bullethead
07-12-10, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard! Sorry for the inconvenience.

The server is working fine so I'm afraid this has to be on your end somewhere. It could be your connection just burped at the time the game was checking for it, but more likely it's something on your system that is preventing new, unknown programs like the game from going online.

The usual suspects are User Accounts Control if you have that, or your anti-virus. I recommend turning UAC off if you have it. Otherwise, be sure you're trying to run the game in a window so that you can see any messages that are popping up from whatever is holding up the show.

If none of that works, please either open a ticket (there's a tech support link in your Start menue folder for Jutland) or send an email to support@stormeaglestudios.com

Hope that helps.

Gosberg
09-11-10, 06:59 AM
Hello guys,

i have the same problem like Enigma65.

My system runs with Windows 7 und after i click "evaluate" i get the same error!

All needed ports are open (tested with turns firewall off and create a DMZ, too). The firewall of my PC ist generally off. I´m connected with Internet.

Additionally the UAC is deactivated and my anti-virus are turned off.

Any ideas since Enigma65 posts?

regards Gosberg

Bullethead
09-12-10, 05:04 PM
Howdy Gosberg. Welcome aboard and sorry for the inconvenience.

All I can say is, open a ticket. I'm not in tech support so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

Gosberg
09-13-10, 12:31 PM
Hi Bullethead,

thx for you´re answer!

I send the ticket with the post here at the same time.
No answer so far. I wait a few days, yet.

regards Gosberg