PDA

View Full Version : tunngle and multiplayer

I'm goin' down
06-20-10, 11:01 PM
get tunngle (as good as a telephone) and install TMO2.0, send me a pm, and let's play a multigame. The more the merrier.

Laconic
06-21-10, 01:08 AM
I'm down for giving it a try some time this week.

I'm goin' down
06-21-10, 01:25 AM
download TunngleBeta. get is working. That will enable us to communicate.
download 2.0 (TMO). I just sent PM to about 20 captains.

We can meet in the SH4 room at the set time. I am on the west coast and any evening works for me. Propose a time.

Do not have RSRDC modded into the game, as I do not know if that will screw things up.

I play with an experienced crew and at hard level, which means that map contacts are on.

Admiral8Q
06-21-10, 10:06 AM
Tried to get it working but I get this error even when I select my network adapter...
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6685/tunngleerror.jpg
Any ideas? Otherwise maybe we could use teamspeak maybe?

Laconic
06-21-10, 12:12 PM
Xfire works well as a voice chat for me. I was under the impression that Tunngle was more of a LAN emulator, to link remote computers on a simulated local network...isn't that the case?

Is this a full campaign, or a scenario? Is there TC? I've never played multiplayer so I'm not sure how it works.

Some time later in the week, Thursday or Friday, would work best for me, especially since I haven't played months...need to practice a bit before I can start pulling off trick shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJqysqHgfI) again.

I'm goin' down
06-21-10, 03:31 PM
We all should be on the same voice program. We should all have the same version of SH4 with TMO, and we should all use the same program to play the game (i.e. Tunngle). I am not an expert at this stuff, but if everyone is doing something different, how can it work? We can try Team Speak, and set up a room to meet. But I do not know if it supports Lan. If not, we have to use Ubisoft. I was trying to use what I know has worked the one time I used it. I do not know if Ubisoft multiplayer works well.