PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Camping at Battleship Cove - Here's The Skinny

Subnuts
06-18-10, 04:50 PM
Some people have asked how the overnight camping program at Battleship Cove works.

This link describes the check-in procedure:
http://www.battleshipcove.org/camping-checkin.htm

The overnight camping pamphlet recommends filling out a reservation six months in advance, but since the meet is coming up in a little more than three months, we better get booking if we want a chance.

Now, assuming we're visiting Battleship Cove on a weekend, it's going to cost $55 a head, which includes admission for two days, meals in the wardroom, and a luxurious overnight stay at the hotel Massachusetts. A non-refundable $20 deposit is required upon booking, and the remaining balance is due a month prior to our visit. The payment based on the guaranteed number of participants is due 30 days prior to our visit.

This basically means that I need to round up a whole bunch of people who seriously want to do an overnighter at Battleship Cove, can guarantee they'll show up, and won't blow $55 of their own or someone else's money into the wind at the last moment.

This is the form that group leader has to fill out:
http://www.battleshipcove.org/camping-application-online.htm

As you can see, you can't just walk into Battleship Cove, ask for an overnight ticket, and waltz into your berthing compartment. The staff is serious about this, and so should we. Besides, would you rather sleep aboard a World War II battleship, or some dive motel in Fall River?

Sailor Steve
06-18-10, 07:27 PM
I'm planning on coming, have the money already set aside, and am more than ready to spend it on this particular event.

There are a couple of possible circumstances that might force me to cancel at the last minute, but that won't prevent me from cheerfully paying the advance and the price, and swallow it if the worst happens. Just tell me where to send it.

August
06-18-10, 07:50 PM
I can make the arraignments at battleship cove. After all it's only about 15 minutes drive away from here. I figure we'll have the final arrival times figured out by the end of the month.