PDA

View Full Version : Periscope height

Chubster
05-27-10, 07:20 PM
Has my boat been sabotaged ?

In anything other than a milk pond when I come to periscope depth the obs scope is just not high enough---there is always waves in the way. The attack scope isnt much better. I keep having to bring her up a tad. Is this normal and can it be adjusted a wee bit ?

Admiral8Q
05-27-10, 07:48 PM

In anything other than a milk pond when I come to periscope depth the obs scope is just not high enough---there is always waves in the way. The attack scope isnt much better. I keep having to bring her up a tad. Is this normal and can it be adjusted a wee bit ?

Man, Chubster! :nope:

Sometimes you may have to come up 5 feet at least to get a clear view. (1 or 2 meters)

Bubblehead1980
05-27-10, 10:51 PM

The obs scope on older subs such as Porpoise etc went down to the control room and did not extend as high as the attack scope, which is in the conning tower.Calm seas you can see fine but in heavier seas you need to come up a bit to see out the obs scope.

Jan Kyster
05-28-10, 02:30 AM
...can it be adjusted a wee bit ?Try editing value PeriscopeDepth in NSS_your boat.cfg in Data\Submarine\NSS_your boat...

If that won't do the job, then we'll need S3D... http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z15/subject_rod/smilies/suspicious.gif

Armistead
05-28-10, 10:38 AM
High waves...I'll come up about 5ft, but use the pageup and down keys to work my scope.

Chubster
05-28-10, 12:25 PM
I fully expect to come up a tad in HEAVY seas but as I said I would expect to be able to see through the scope in light moderate ones.

Off to do some edit.....erm, I mean my mechanic is gunna stick a bit on top. Now where did I see that bit off old pipe lying around :)

magic452
05-28-10, 07:33 PM
Be careful about the scope height. What is good in moderate seas may be death in dead calm seas. Stick too much up you will be seen.

Magic

Admiral8Q
05-28-10, 07:44 PM
Yes, sometimes I'll go a bit deeper in calm seas to keep the scope as a lower profile.