PDA

View Full Version : Sonar not showing type???

Chubster
05-27-10, 03:27 AM
When I am at station. Why not? What am I missing

Rockin Robbins
05-27-10, 08:54 AM
Do you mean you can't tell what type of ship it is by the silhouette or that the text description is no longer showing?

Chubster
05-27-10, 09:17 AM
Well both really.....Audibly I dont really know the difference :oops: but what I am talking about here is when looking at the sonar station there is a box top left which states bearing and type. After looking at various vids....yours included i believe they show this working. type either merchant or Warship....mine is just blank?

Hope your feeling better RR

BillBam
05-27-10, 09:56 AM
Well both really.....Audibly I dont really know the difference :oops: but what I am talking about here is when looking at the sonar station there is a box top left which states bearing and type. After looking at various vids....yours included i believe they show this working. type either merchant or Warship....mine is just blank?

Hope your feeling better RR

Once you care close enough it should change from unidentified to either merchant or warship.

tomoose
05-31-10, 12:27 PM
Generally warships have a higher revolution sound whereas the merchants are slower sounding......generally.

If you are picking up a definite sound but the notepad in the upper left isn't indicating you should be able to manually force the issue by clicking on the little triangle on that notepad and it will change from 'merchant' to 'warship' to 'unknown' and back again with each click.

I've done this to help identify a target and usually (but not always), if I force the identification it will result in the sonar operator responding and giving a bearing and other info.

Hope this helps.:salute: