PDA

View Full Version : Reccommend me a mouse

ajrimmer42
05-24-10, 04:16 AM
Hey guys, can anyone reccommend a good mouse? atm I have a Logitech LS1 Laser which I've only had a few months but the detection seems to be dying, the middle mouse button evey now amd then decides to stop working, but sometimes works if you press it stupidly hard, atm it's just stopped altogether. And yeah I've tried fiddling around with the setpoint thing. So basically I'm just gonna get a new one. Don't want anything too expensive, maybe a mid range gaming mouse, something with a few buttons. Cheers :doh:

Dowly
05-24-10, 04:27 AM
If you dont need anything fancy, just take some standard laser mouse. I've had my logitech that came with my last PC for years and works just fine.

Lionclaw
05-24-10, 04:40 AM
Logitech Mx518 Optical Mouse, it has 2 buttons on the side for forward and backward for web browsers, + - buttons for mouse sensitivity. Plus a scroll wheel that also acts as a middle mouse button.

Don't know where it lies in price range now, I've had it for a few years.

Stay away from cheap Microsoft mice (?) though. :nope:
I had one, and the pointer could go crazy all over the screen sometimes, kinda frustrating in games when it happened.

ajrimmer42
05-24-10, 05:22 AM
Logitech Mx518 Optical Mouse, it has 2 buttons on the side for forward and backward for web browsers, + - buttons for mouse sensitivity. Plus a scroll wheel that also acts as a middle mouse button.

Don't know where it lies in price range now, I've had it for a few years.

Stay away from cheap Microsoft mice (?) though. :nope:
I had one, and the pointer could go crazy all over the screen sometimes, kinda frustrating in games when it happened.

Looks pretty good, found it for about £20. i'll certainly bear it in mind, thanks.

JSLTIGER
05-24-10, 03:30 PM
Logitech G500...it's the laser equipped replacement for the G5, which was itself a laser mouse version of the MX518. It's sweet. Have you called Logitech about a warranty replacement? They're usually pretty good about it. In fact, my G500 was a warranty replacement for my G5 which suddenly went haywire on me.

Sailor Steve
05-24-10, 05:58 PM
Several years ago I puchased a Nexxtech2 cordless rechargable mouse. It is the usual 5-button setup and comes with a recharging cradle. Cost me $25 at Circuit City, but they're gone now.

Still, there are lots of good products out there in the $20 range.

stabiz
05-25-10, 03:03 AM
Logitech G500.