PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to keymap Time compression?

Dgsbdy
05-23-10, 05:47 AM
I'm playing on a laptop without mouse and number pad. So the "-" and "+" keys are not available to me. When the screen bogs down , and clicking with doesnt work well.
I'm looking to keymap time compression to another set of keys.

Harmsway!
05-23-10, 06:41 AM
Try this program;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168297

I'm goin' down
05-25-10, 01:57 AM
I'm playing on a laptop without mouse and number pad. So the "-" and "+" keys are not available to me. When the screen bogs down , and clicking with doesnt work well.
I'm looking to keymap time compression to another set of keys.

If you have a regular keyboard, you can access the +/- keys as follows:
1. Hit the Fn key.
2. Hit Ins/NumLk key

This should activate the numbers lock funtion. Now try hitting the +/- key.

The problem with this method is that you have to deactivate the numbers lock function or some of your other keys will be screwed up. For this reason, the activate/deactivate exercise quickly becomes a pain in the rear. I have to use this method to minimize the HUD so that I can man the anti aircraft gun in TMO 1.9. However, I have not tried jamminadrid's program, and it might be a better over all solutions for users of laptops, such as mine, and for your issue re the +/- keys.

Sbrads
10-04-10, 12:13 AM
i have the problem of being on a lappy and i cant actuly toggle the time compression so i cant speed up time which makes life really hard any1 know how to actually toggle it?

tomoose
10-04-10, 06:30 PM
In the bottom right hand corner of the HUD where you can see the TC indicated. Either side of that should be a plus and minus symbol. Click on the appropriate one to increase/decrease TC. BTW, hitting Backspace will automatically take you to TC=1.
:salute: